(3) JAKE IS SORT OF A BITCH

Start from the beginning

" Driving under the influence is dangerous. Please consider taking a taxi next time," Sunoo suggests sounding a bit like a rehearsed commerical.

Jake doesn't even try to respond right away and justs ends up rubbing his stomach while smacking his lips. Great, he's thinking about food.

"Jak--." I start, but I'm immediately cut off.

"Excuse me? And you are?" Jake stares Sunoo up and down intensely. He inches closer, but I put my hands out to stop him from reaching out and touching my company.

"This is Sunoo, my bodyguard," I say before Sunoo actually has the chance to open his mouth, "Mind your manners. He'll literally kill you."

Jake scoffs in disbelief, "Would he really? Sounds fun."

Jay rolls his eyes obviously bothered by the sinister tone in our friends voice.

The three of us have been best friends for ten years, but sometimes Jake gets out of hand.

Jay can't stand it.

"You know?" Jake's voice cracks, "It's really hard being an idol. So Sunghoon, why don't you have your man servant help me out and just--."

He gestures a knife going across his throat.

"You're getting sicker and sicker everyday," Jay calls him out as his realization hits.

"I'm a bodyguard. I don't kill people, I protect them," Sunoo responds, but his facial expression screams disinterest.

There's a lot of tension in the air, but Sunoo actually seems unbothered.

"Don't worry, you can make it look like suicide right," Jake smirks not caring that his words go to far too far.

"Stop!" I demand and he flinches backward.

That coward...

Taking in a deep breath, I close my eyes. After a few seconds, I decide to try speaking again, "Jake. Follow Sunoo and get in the car."

"Where are we--."

"Just go. I'll take you to eat anywhere you want," I feel my blood boil at the thought of having repeat myself to get what I want.

Jake's eyes light up excited about getting food.

"Yes! Come on manservant let's go." He grabs Sunoo's wrist and drags him out the front door.

It's quiet again.

"Jay."

"Yes?"

"What did Jake come to tell you?"

Jay sits down on the couch, "It's a long story."

***

Ding Dong.
Ding Dong.

It's five in the morning as Jake stumbles pacing back and forth at Jay's door step. He holds his stomach as a mix of alcohol and junk food angrily mix in his body.

It's rising.

Unable to help it, he moves off to the side and begins to feel the consequences of his strict diet. He can't eat junk food on the regular and his alcohol tolerance isn't that high.

"JAAAAAAAAAY!" Jake yells unaware of how loud he actually is.

"JAY! I CAN'T REMEMBER WHY WE'RE FIGHTING, BUT WE NEED TO TALK."