First Chat

George POV

I had seen the cute boy from school head to this café so I told my friends we should check it out. I obviously wouldn't tell them why we were going there, they would presume that I like the boy. I don't like him. I'm a boy I can't like boys. I thought to myself. As we reached the café my friend called Wilbur swung the door open. 

The first thing I saw was the cute boy. his cheeks were red and he looked uncomfortable and embarrassed. Then I saw a girl who looked about 3 years older than us next to him. The cute boy blinked and one singular tear ran down his face. Even though I had never spoken to him before I wanted to give him a hug and tell him everything will be ok. But I couldn't do that.

 The lady noticed there was new customers and got up to greet us. I noticed how short her skirt and apparently so did my friends as one of them let out a quiet wolf whistle. "hello boys, can i get you something?" The girl said to all of us, she had a name badge on that said 'Amelia <3'. 

she started talking to us asking what we wanted to drink but i wasn't listening. i was staring at the cute boy. Stop it George don't call him that  I thought. but i just couldn't take my eyes of him. He was sat at a small table on his phone, presumably texting someone. his soft, dirty blonde hair had a few strands fallen over his eyes. i wanted to brush my hands through his hair. his emerald green eyes had long delicate eyelashes over them. I wanted to get lost in those eyes. His tall, muscular structure looked longing to be hugged. i wanted to cuddle up to him and keep warm. I snapped out of my thoughts when a hand was being waved in front of my face. "what you smiling about?" my friend Zak asked me. "n-nothing, just thought of something funny from earlier." I lied, reluctantly taking my eyes off the gorgeous thing sat in front of me. 

After i had ordered a cup of tea and a cinnamon roll i sat down with my friends. my friends started talking about how hot Amelia is and how they could get her number. i didn't feel like i was needed in this conversation so i stood up and walked over to the cute boy. 

"hi!" i said, feeling bold for making the first move. it's not a first move if your just friends George. he looked up from his phone and smiled at me putting it down. "hi." he seemed shy and I didn't want to push him to talking to me but i still did. "I'm George, i think we're in the same maths class, right?" i asked. i knew that answer but i didn't know what else to say. "I'm clay. yeah, you are in my maths class." he smiled at me. i sat in a chair and continued talking to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I found out a lot about clay the day in the café two days ago. he had told me that he has a cat called patches and he wants to be a computer coder when he's older. There were somethings he didn't tell me but i still found out about. such as his eyes sparkle when he talks about something he's interested in, or that he seems shy at first but when you get to know him he's actually really funny.

 i got his phone number when i had to leave and now i was finally going to build up the courage to text him. i didn't know what to send to him. 'hi' no that's to dry 'wyd?' no, that sounds creepy. i don't know what to send. but then my phone buzzed.

clay 💚🥺 - hey George!

clay 💚🥺- r u free to meet up today?

clay 💚🥺- we could go to the movies or something?

i was internally screaming. I could see clay today! why am i so excited I'm just seeing my friend? i immediately started typing a reply but ended up deleting it and writing a new one. This process kept repeating until i finally pressed send. 

wc: 718

a/n: OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 10 READS! it seems like none but really it's a lot for me! the chapters will start getting longer i promise! i hope you are enjoying it so far. 

have a great day/night and drink some water -lola<3