New Years

5 days later

Gaege Pov

Today is New Years Eve, the boys and Gabby and her boyfriend are coming over tonight to celebrate the new year. I've gotten the house extra clean, and today is just the matter of making food and getting it out. Eddie was wrong and actually did have to work today, so he'll be getting here when they do. I have streamers and balloons strung around the house. Gabby hasn't seen our house yet, so this will be her first time here. The boys have been here a few times before, but everyone'll be in for a surprise. Everyone will be here soon, so I'm just sitting on the couch, resting my eyes because I know I'll be up past midnight tonight. I also have a pounding headache. I hear the door open and I open my eyes a bit.

"Hey Eddie," I say. I close my eyes again and drape an arm over my head. 

"Hey Gaege. Are you ok?" Eddie asks.

"Yeah, just a bit tired and I have a bad headache," I mumble.

"Oh poor baby. Let me go get you some water and an Aspirin," Eddie says.

"Thanks babe," I say. Eddie goes and gets the pill and water. He comes back and hands the 2 things to me. I throw the pill to the back of my throat and drink all the water. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. Go get some rest in our bedroom. I'll call you when everyone's here," Eddie says.

"Thank you. There's a bit more food that needs to be put out. It has labels on it so you know what to put out," I say.

"Ok, go it," Eddie says. I give him a weak smile and trudge to our bedroom. I curl up in the bed and I'm asleep almost right away.

Time skip to after nap

"Come on Gaege, get up," Eddie shakes me awake.

"Hmm? What's going on?" I mumble.

"Everyone's here," Eddie says.

"Who's here?" I ask.

"The guests? It's New Years Eve remember?" Eddie asks. I'm up in an instant.

"I'm so sorry I overslept! Is everything ok?" I ask.

"Everything's fine. People are just wondering where you are," Eddie says. "Is you headache better?" I stop for a second and think. There's no more pain pounding in my head.

"Yep, all better. Come on let's go," I say. I pull Eddie out of the bedroom with me. "Hello everyone!" I exclaim. Mully, Josh, Grant, Gabby, and her boyfriend are all waiting for us. I give everyone a nice big wave with my right hand, giving them a small glimpse of the ring a top it. My eyes flash over the room, looking for a clock. It's already 7:30. My stomach rumbles so I make my way to the food.

"Hey Gaege, long time no see," Gabby comes over. I mumble something through the food like you too. She flicks her eyes down at my hand. "Oh. My. God!" She exclaims. She starts jumping up and own.

"Shh! You can't tell Eddie," I say.

"What?" Gabby says. Horror flashes across her face for a second before I giggle.

"Just kidding," I say.

"When did it happen?" Gabby asks.

"Christmas," I say.

"It's such a pretty ring," Gabby says, she grabs my hand carefully and examines it.

"That's what I said. I still can't believe it," I say.

"How are you going to tell everyone?" Gabby asks.

"I don't know. I need to talk to Eddie about it. Probably together. I mean it's not just my spotlight," I say.

"Go, go and talk to him," Gabby says.

"Ok, ok," I put my hands up. Eddie's talking with Grant when I come up behind him and wrap my arms around his wait. "Hey babe. How are you?"

"I'm good, how's your head?" Eddie slips his hand into mine. It's my right one, so Grant doesn't see the ring. 

"It's fine. I just need to talk to you about something," I say. "Sorry to interrupt your conversation Grant.

"No, no. It's fine," Grant says.

"I'll find you again later Grant," Eddie says. I pull Eddie off to the bathroom. "What do you need to talk about?"

"How are we going to tell everyone? Gabby already saw the ring, but no one else has," I blurt out. 

"Well my first thought was at midnight, but I don' think you can hide your hand for the whole night," Eddie says.

"You underestimate me Eddie. I hid my hand from you for almost a whole month," I say.

"Yes, but it's hard to put a glove over a ring," Eddie says.

"I bet I could do it," I say.

"I'm not saying you can't but I'm sure it'd be uncomfortable. How about I go and get a wine glass when we leave this bathroom, and get everyone's attention, and we can make the announcement," Eddie says.

"Perfect idea babe. Also yes, a glove over a ring is very uncomfortable. While you get the wine glass, I need to go to the bathroom," I say.

"Ok, meet you out there then," Eddie says. I finish going to the bathroom and I find Eddie.

"Ready?" I ask.

"Definitely," Eddie says. He clicks the knife against the glass which makes a dinging noise which radiates through the living room. "Can I have everyone's attention?" Gabby looks like she's about to explode. "Gaege and I have really big news." I smile at Eddie and let him take my right hand.

"We're engaged!" We both say. There's a bunch of congratulations that go throughout the room. Some cheers rotate the room, mostly from Gabby. Everyone takes there turns talking to us. We have to explain everything like 3 times. Which doesn't sound like much, but the whole ring, proposal, when the wedding will be, it's a lot. When everyone's done talking to us, Eddie and I excuse ourselves and hide in our bedroom.

"That was stressful," Eddie says.

"Definitely," I say.

"What time is it?" Eddie asks.

"10:30," I say.

"Do you want to get their presents?" Eddie asks. 

"Sure, how long of a break do you want to take?" I ask.

"Just a bit longer. It's really loud in there," Eddie says.

"Yeah," I agree. We stay there for a bit, until I rummage around for their presents. We emerge and we all open up presents. When the clock is at 11:55, we turn on the TV to watch the ball drop. We're on the same time as New York, so we didn't have to watch it a hour in advance. At 11:59:45 we start counting down. 15! 14! 13! 12! 11! 10! 9! 8! 7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1! 0! I lean over and kiss Eddie, Josh and Mully kiss, and Gabby and her boyfriend kiss. Grant looks alone, so when I'm done kissing Eddie, I place kiss on his cheek and give him a big hug. Everyone has to stay at our house because they're all drunk. Gabby and her boyfriend were already staying, but the boys have to too. Josh and Mully crash on the floor of Eddie and I's bedroom. Gabby and her boyfriend have there own room. Grant takes the couch. Such a great start to a new year.

Still not the end! A few more parts! Luv you guys!