McDonald's

Eddie Pov

As I'm walking out of the McDonald's with Gabby by my side, I'm thinking about if that was Gaege or not. He had the black fingernail, but he had long hair and tattoos. A 15 year old doesn't have tattoos. Right?

"Eds. Talk to me," Gabby says.

"Sorry, I just got lost in thought," I say and shake my head.

"I say you eyeing up that cashier. He's hot," Gabby says.

"Gabby!" I yelp and push her. 

"Hey! I don't have a soulmate! I can look at anyone I please!" Gabby says.

"But I do!" And that may or may not be him.

"Yeah, but you hate him. You can look at other people," Gabby says.

"Yeah, you're right. I'm not cheating on him because I don't love him," I say.

"So come on. You have to at least agree with me that he was attractive!" Gabby says.

"Fine, yes, he was attractive," I sigh.

"Victory!" Gabby yells.

"Maldito tonto," I mutter. (F*cking dumbass)

"I heard that," Gabby says. "And you made the mistake of telling me what that means." I roll my eyes. I'm debating with myself whether or not to tell her about the fingernail when we walk past the high school. "You know you really should enroll. You only missed a few months."

"What's the point? I'm not going to make it to college. I'm not smart enough to get a scholarship and I sure as hell don't have enough money," I say.

"Well, you really need to finish high school if you want to be able to get a better job than Target. Maybe it won't be that much better, but it'll still be better," Gabby says.

"I'll think about it. I still have time to," I say.

"Yeah," Gabby says.

"So about the guy-" I start.

"You really do find him attractive!" Gabby yells.

"Omg Gabby stop with that!" I say.

"Fine fine, what were you going to say?" Gabby asks.

"As I handed him the money, I noticed his fingernail," I say.

"What about it? Was it also clear? Oh did you find my soulmate?!" Gabby gasps. "That'd be great! To have a soulmate and for them to be smoking hot? Did I die and go to heaven?"

"No, no, it wasn't clear. It was," I gulp. "Black."

"Are you saying you have 2 soulmates?" Gabby asks.

"No, I think that might have been ... him," I say.

"Really? But he looked so much older than 15. With the tattoos and everything," Gabby wonders.

"I know, but you can't have 2 soulmates, right?" I ask.

"I've never heard of it before, but anything's possible," Gabby says.

"I want to go back there," I say sternly.

"Right now?" Gabby asks.

"No, cabrón (dumb ass), a different day. I want to know if that's him or not," I say.

"Are you forgiving him?" Gabby asks.

"No." Maybe. "Come on lets go home." We find Gabby's car and drive back to our apartment building. As I'm sleeping that night, multiple thoughts race to my head. Should I go back to school? Was that Gaege? Am I forgiving him? Has he forgiven me? Should I even try to reconnect with him? That night, I dream about Gaege, and wake up with a tent in my pants.

Ok so I may or may not post a lot today. With the passing of my grandfather, it's been hard to focus on something for a long time. Luv you guys!