The Real Reason

Eddie Pov

I walk into my apartment and I let out a big sigh. Today has been so stressful. I was just about to leave, when my manager pulled me into his office.

"I want you to work harder. You've been slacking lately and if you want to keep this job, I expect you to start working until at least 8 o'clock. Starting tonight," he said.

"But-" I started.

"No buts. I need you to. Or else you're going to loose your job," he said. "You can go now." He waved me out of his office and I left with my head hanging.

"Are you ok?" Gabby asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine," I brushed her off. I didn't want to tell her what was going on. I didn't want to burden her with my problems. She had finally found her soulmate and he's amazing. He's so nice to her and treats her nicely. She's been having the time of her life with him. They've been dating for almost 2 years now. I go back to my work station and try to push out of my mind that I won't be able to hang out with him tonight. I was looking forward to it. Once I finished work, I headed right home. I was too tired to walk so I took the bus. We're tight on money, but I had to tonight. And now I'm home. I walk in the door and the first thing I hear is crying. Oh no what happened. Then it fades and I don't hear it anymore. I must have just imagined it. I head into the kitchen to find something. I open the fridge and see 2 things labeled Eddie. One is spaghetti and the other is salad. Oh no. He made me a whole meal I wasn't here. I look around the apartment and I see that it's cleaner than normal. Things that we never do have been done. The dishes are washed and are drying in the rack. There is a table cloth on the table with melted wax on it. I quickly piece together what happened. Gaege was expecting me to come home at 5 and he made me a homemade meal and I didn't come home. He had it all set up and I blew him off. I feel so bad right now. I go into our bedroom quietly and change into pajamas. I go over to his side and see his pillow is damp. He was crying. I lay down in the bed and stare up in the ceiling. I keep my distance because I feel so bad right now. My stupid f*cking boss. God I f*cking hate him! I'm going to scream at him tomorrow. After I apologize to Gaege. If he'll even talk to me! He probably won't. I lay my head on the pillow and start crying myself. I'm trying to be quiet because I don't want to wake Gaege, but I feel the bed shift and I feel Gaege staring at me. I quickly pretend that I'm asleep. I suck at doing it though, so Gaege knows right away.

"Eddie?" He whispers.

"I'm sorry," I whimper. "I'm so sorry." He crawls over towards me and snuggles against me. "What are you doing?"

"Snuggling with you," Gaege responds.

"But I don't deserve this," I whimper.

"Yes you do. I can tell you had a long day at work," Gaege replies. 

"But I stood you up! You should at least be a little mad at me right now," I say. 

"I'm sure it wasn't your intent. I'm sure you'll tell me all about it tomorrow, but we need to sleep. We both have to work tomorrow. Good night Eddie," Gaege says.

"What-" I start.

"Tomorrow," Gaege says and we fall asleep next to each other, listening to each other breathe in and out. 

Ok so maybe last part up tomorrow! Luv you guys!