From there, the two of you seemed to rely on each other more. And when he had finally initiated something (something that had occupied your mind an embarrassing number of times), he had done it because he wanted a distraction.

That was the point where you gave up, you told him where you stood, he hadn't responded, and that had been that.

During the time that the villains had you, you had created a foolish fantasy in your mind. You imagined that maybe he would realize what a confusing asshole he had been, and finally realized that you mattered to him. Then he would somehow manage to find you, kill the villains, and take you somewhere safe again.

As days passed though, that small fantasy disappeared. With every cut, burn, break, and sickness you had to endure, a piece of your hope would wither away. It had been so long that when people did come for you, it hadn't been believable.

But it had been real, and you began to think maybe your fantasy hadn't been so far-fetched. Of course, it hadn't included being arrested and nearly killed by police as the heroes stood by and watched, but other than that.

And when he held you that night and finally admitted that he cared for you, it had been the first light of the darkness you had emerged from.

And then the bitch had gone and friend-zoned you.

You shook your head as you stepped onto the first floor, attempting to brush away the emotions you felt. If he wanted to be friends, fine, that's all you would be. No matter how much the idea pained you.

A rustling noise came from one of the couches in the common area, you walked over and spotted Aizawa in his yellow sleeping bag.

He sat up and yawned, "what are you doing kid? It's like five in the morning."

You stared in confusion, "um I'm going on a run."

"You hate running," he sat up further.

"Yeah, but I need to get my strength back up. What are you doing sleeping on the couch in here?"

He blinked, "oh, well I told you I'd be around if you needed me. So I've crashed here the past two nights just in case."

You smiled appreciatively, "thank you. I've been ok though."

"I know, but I worry after everything."

"Yeah, I know." You sighed, "I'll see you later on."

"Hold on, I actually need you to meet me back down here around nine. One of the doctors wants to check up on you at the hospital, just to see how everything's healing."

You looked down at yourself, "it's only been two days."

"I know, but it's a routine thing apparently. They'll probably want you to come back in a few weeks as well."

"As long as they don't stick any needles in me that's fine." You hated needles.

"We'll see, and while we're there there's actually someone I'd like you to meet."

"Who?"

"I'll explain it on the way there, for now, I'll let you do your workout."

Well now you were curious, but you nodded and walked to the exit.

"Oh and one more thing, I have a student out there waiting. Just tell him to work with you instead of me today. Gives me a chance to get some more sleep."

You leaned your head back, "I don't want to train with anyone today."

"You aren't supposed to be out at dark on your own, it's either this or you can walk your butt right back to your dorm."