Chapter 15 - Going home for Christmas

Start from the beginning

Harry was stood there, stroking the cat affectionately. She rubbed around his legs and purred, and then her eyes snapped wide open as she stared at me and the message was clear as day. The last part of the deal- Harry has to come too.

I sighed, picking up the cat with an apologetic look at Harry. "He can't come." I muttered. "I've tried, Smokes. He's not interested in my side of the story."

She looked at me, unblinking. Disbelieving.

"I wouldn't have thought it, either. It's no use, Smokes. He just doesn't want to hear it."

*Harry pov*
Each step to the Great Hall was like swimming upstream. Harry felt the resistance urging him to go back, to talk to Draco before the holidays and hear what he had to say, but he knew he'd only be disappointed, which would further ruin the next few weeks at the Burrow.

The Great Hall was in utter chaos. Professor Sprout and Professor McGonagall stood by the back in front of a mass of students, a stack of Portkeys between them.

"Northamptonshire? Who lives in Northamptonshire?"

"Mr. Creevey? Dennis Creevey? Where is that boy? Everyone else is ready!"

"Miss James, Miss Havers, stop chatting and find your groups!"

"That's everyone for Wiltshire. Alright, hands on, everyone, and for goodness' sake don't let go of your suitcases!"

"Where is the Glasgow group? Miss MacDougal, would you take over? Thank you, dear."

"Has anyone seen a tortoiseshell cat?"

Harry pushed past some people and eventually managed to get to McGonagall.

"Excuse me, Professor. Which group am I in?"

"Ah, Mr. Potter. Devon... Ottery St Catchpole... let me see." She made a show of looking through the list before concluding, "It seems you're the only one going to Devon, Potter. One moment..." she rummaged through the box, a slight crease in her forehead before -

"Oh, of course." She flicked her wand and a battered-looking tin can appeared. "There. I'd forgotten to Summon it back."

"Back?"

"Yes, Potter. We do re-use these, you know."

There was something strange about the way she said it, but Harry thought nothing of it as he shrugged and took the can, grabbing his suitcase with his other hand before being thrown into a whirlwind of colour.

Thump.

His feet fell on unfamiliar ground, striking a paved road leading to a horrible familiar house.

The memories were hazy but unmistakeable. The Snatchers; Bellatrix; Hermione screaming as Mudblood was carved into her arm; Dobby's sacrifice. This was Malfoy Manor, majestic and looming over him in all its savage glory.

The place was silent.

"Draco?" A voice suddenly, desperately pierced the heavy silence that hung around the manor. "Draco?"

Harry ascended the path cautiously, approaching a figure running out of the doorway who had gone previously unnoticed by him.

"Draco?- Oh, no, no, not now, this wasn't how it was meant to work-"

Harry stared. "Mrs Malfoy? ...... A-are you alright?"

She was evidently distressed, wringing her already red hands, but at his voice seemed to steel herself, taking a breath. "Potter, he's not here."

"I beg your pardon?"

She closed her eyes. "It's Draco. They- they've taken him."

A/N (sort of important)

How are we all! Enjoying another dose of angst? I am. It's great fun to write.

This is kind of a mean cliffhanger so I'm gonna try to get the next chapter out soon!

There's only a few chapters left to go, I think, probably a maximum of 5. I might continue it afterwards for fun with bonus/epilogue but I'm more likely to start writing something else. Maybe MCYT/Dream SMP related because that's what I'm into at the moment, but I'm definitely open to suggestions, especially if you guys want another Drarry. PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

We've just hit 2K reads, which is really amazing. I can't express my thanks enough. I love you guys.

If you do enjoy, or if you just want me to update, please comment, vote or add this to a reading list, because every time you do I get a notification which reminds me to write! I really don't mind if you comment asking for updates. The chances are, I have the time and I've just forgotten. I know a lot of authors get stressed by it but I genuinely don't. I'd rather you told me than you sat in silence :)

-immortalsheep05❤️ (I changed my username if you were wondering from ladyelideofperranth)