Chapter 2: Catra

En başından başla

Her hand slides under my Metallica shirt.

"Adora." I whisper breathlessly against her lips. Chrissie pulls back and furrows her dark brows.

A fierce blush creeps up my neck. I...did that really just happen?

She crosses her arms over her chest.

"I'm Chrissie, remember?" I shake my head; frustrated at myself. No, not at myself. At stupid Adora.

I push past Chrissie and grab my flask.

"I'm sorry, I can't do this." I mumble before slamming the door behind me.

I run my hands through my unruly hair. What's wrong with me?

Why of all times is Adora on my mind?

I find a bottle of Jack Daniel's and fill my flask as full as I can before leaving the malodorous house.

After lighting another cigarette and downing enough alcohol to leave me feeling buzzed, I make my way back into the party. Shoving any thoughts of a certain blonde in the back of my mind. Where they belong.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

"Uggggggghhhhhh." I groan; opening my eyes. Sunlight spills through the curtains, illuminating my room and almost blinding me.

I shuffle downstairs and make my way to the kitchen; wrapped in a fluffy blanket. My head feels like it is being split in two.

What even happened last night? The last thing I remember was making out with some girl.... Christine? Christa? I can't recall. But none of that matters because I remember saying her name. Adora.

My face flushes at the memory.

"Elizabeth!" I jump and whirl around at the familiar voice.

"M-mom? What are you doing here?" She looks completely wasted; red rimmed eyes, trembling form, pupils blown.

"I needed a place to crash until Danny forgives me." I roll my eyes and turn back to the smoothie that I am making.

Danny is my mother's on and off boyfriend. She lives with him most of the time until they fight and he kicks her out. And she comes back like this, livid and stoned. Ready to take her anger out on her daughter.

"Banana-Honey milkshake, eh? Looks like somebody had a fun night." I scowl and look her up and down. Her hair is matted and her lips swollen.

"Your one to talk." A harsh blow is delivered across my cheekbone. She grabs my chin.

"Elizabeth Catarina McKenna, I am your mother. Do not speak to me that way!" Tears prick my eyes and I jerk out of her grip.

"I'll believe that when you start acting like one." There's something that flashes in her eyes...something that looks like hurt. But she can't be hurt, right? Since when did she start caring about what I think? About what anyone thinks?

"I'm too tired for this shit." She mumbles; making her way upstairs.

I let out a breath that I didn't even realize I was holding.

This is the first time that I have seen her in three months and this is our first encounter?

I finish off my milkshake and hop onto my motorcycle; speeding away without another thought.

"Wildcat!" I am greeted with a bone-crushing hug as soon as I walk through the school doors.