"Magar, if you feel that you need to get over it, I suggest you stop seeing her, stop torturing yourself my love, come home, come to Cali, distance is what you need to get over her Yusuf." Saba said.

"You are right Saba, I can't stay here anymore, I can't watch her everyday, I don't have the option of not loving her anymore." He said wiping the tears which rolled down his cheeks.
"Par ab main uss raah ka raahi nahi banna cahta jo kisi aur ki manzil ho."

(But now I don't want to be traveling down a path when I know she is meant to be someone else's destination.)

"I'm so proud of you my baby." Saba said choking on her breath. "I'm so, so proud of you. I won't lie to you and tell you that you'll get over it or under it or behind it, I can't tell you that you'll stop loving her, you won't. But you'll learn to love her, without hurting yourself someday."

"I hope Saba."

"You will inshallah." She said and a sob escaped her lips at her brother's suffering. "Come home Yusuf, come soon." She said.

"Soon. I'll talk to you later Saba. I love you."

"I love you my baby." She said before hanging up.

It felt lighter, to tell someone the entire truth, to learn and accept the entire truth. His love would always be unrequited, it would always be one sided, but at least it would be his, without any terms and conditions, his to own and cherish, his to keep forever.

Yusuf turned on the ignition and drove home, a certain wisp of peace mixed with the pain in his chest, Yusuf had made up his mind of moving away from the beacon of his love.

•••

Meher had reached office 10 minutes before work surprising her co workers who were sure she was going to set a new record for arriving late to office.
'First impressions do matter.' Meher made a mental note.

"You look pretty." Zara said to her as they sat on their bench going though swatches of clothes for their approved design for the uniform.

"Thank you." Meher said. "You look pretty everyday so I won't even -."

"That means I look pretty everyday too." Eira said joining their conversation.

"I've told you it's a horrible habit to eavesdrop." Zara reprimanded Eira.

"Oh hush mummy." Eira made a face at Zara and turned towards Meher. "So your charity ball outfit is almost ready Meher." Eira squealed. "And it looks exquisite."

"I don't know how to thank you guys enough I -." Meher was interrupted by Seher who entered the room.

"Well everyone chop chop get back to work and stop gossiping." She said and took her seat the desk.

Eira rolled her eyes and walked towards her bench while Meher and Zara got back to going through different swatches and colour to choose which one would best suit their design.

It was afternoon when everyone took their break heading towards the cafeteria.

Taking their usual seat. Zara and Fahim had gone to place their order for lunch while Meher entertained herself listening on to the banter between Eira and Arsal.

"-please." Eira rolled her eyes at something Arsal said.

"It true Eira, I do like a girl. Very much." He said with tinted cheeks.

"For real ?"

"Allah ki kasam." (I swear on god)

"Who ?"

"Uh.. Voh.. she kind of looks like you." He said blushing, his face had turned pink as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"You like me ?" Eira asked horrified.

"Eww no, I like your twin." He said with a small smile on his lips.

"Oh god, this is new." 

"Wow." Eira and Meher reacted.

"So will you help me please." He looked at the two hopefully.

"Help you with what?" Zara's voice made his eyes grow wide with surprise and fear.

Meher and Eira looked at each other and burst out laughing.

"Nothing." Eira said with a even gleam in her eyes. "Arsal told us he really likes a girl who is -."

"Eira don't." Arsal said frantically.

"Shut up." She looked at him and shut him up. "So this girl is very similar to you Zara, I told him that  you would help him since his girl and you girl are so similar."

"Oh I would love to help you Arsal." Zara said innocently placing her hand over his showing him her support.

Arsal turned pink at the contact and his reaction earned another round of laughter from Meher and Eira.

A few hours after lunch break, and after finishing her work Meher picked up her bag and walked out of the department bidding her goodbye to her friends.

She took the elevator down and saw her driver waiting for her.

She greeted him and got into the backseat of the car.
As soon as the car set into motion Meher removed her phone from her bag and called Yusuf.

She had called him multiple times in the morning and durning lunch as well but he did not pick her calls, so she decided to leave him a voice message.

'Why aren't you picking my calls Yusuf ? I'm worried ! Call me when you see this, if you don't return my call by tonight I'm going to come to your hospital and drag you out from there. Call me when you get this.'

Meher sent the message and placed the phone on her lap, she leaned back into the seat and closed her eyes but her moments of peace were short as  her body went flying forward, the driver had applied breaks to bring the car to an immediate halt.

Meher held the handle to brace herself from hitting herself against the front seat.
When her body stopped being the victim to inertia, she saw why they had so unceremoniously stopped.

A silver Mercedes stood in front of them blocking their way. Meher in a fit of rage got down from the car and walked towards the car blocking them, she knocked on the black tinted window and yelled.

"Do you have any sense, what if we wouldn't have stopped, you imbecile roll down the window." She yelled.

The window rolled down and she saw a familiar face, a very familiar face.

"Arham ?" She gasped.

"Yes ?"

"Why did you do this ? What if anyone of us got hurt, you could have called me and told me to stop." She complained.

"I did. But your phone was constantly busy." He said causally from behind the wheel staring at her though her sun glasses which enhanced his face structure.
"Now get in the car." He said. "We have to go somewhere."

Meher rolled his eyes and shook her head in disbelief making Arham chuckle at this different non meek side of hers.

"Let me go grab my bag."

AN: Yusuf is moving out :(
Loving someone is never simple, and it's true that not everyone you love will love you back.
I feel so sad for him. And saba is such a wise and loving sister :,)

I wrote the chapter when one truth comes out, and it's just maybe a chapter or two away so yeh I can feel my heart pumping faster with excitement.

Keep showering your love
Next update at 180
Stay safe gorgeous people