☾☼✩ KOKUSHIBOU ≫ REGRET

Written by -CHEWIE-

⌒➴。NOTES:

• Requested by @tianfeifei
• Michikatsu Tsugikuni / Kokushibou X Reader
• Female reader
• Angst to fluff
• Manga spoilers
• 2nd POV

—Violence and gore.

REGRET▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

REGRET
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

You and your family didn't have much money, but you were happy nonetheless. Your husband was a hard worker that took care of his and yours child, everything was perfect. Another child was due in a few short months, and both you and your eldest were ecstatic. In your point of view, but there was a growing concern in your stomach that continued to plague you the growing days. Your husband, Michikatsu's brows seemed more furrowed lately, and his training has been frighteningly more intense. At first you didn't mind, you were glad he was improving on the things he was passionate about! Things only seemed to go downhill from there, to the point where he'd pass out for hours on end from exhausting himself too much.

The afternoon was surprisingly quiet, your toddler sat behind you while you folded clothes. You couldn't help but eye your husband that laid on a futon that was in the other room. He ended up passing out again after training under the hot summer sun. Before you realized it, you were staring at his unconscious state. A gaze with increasing concern.

"Okaa-chan!" A squeaky voice interrupted your focus, "I'm hungry! Let's have lunch soon!" The child that sat behind you tugged on the fabric of the kimono.

"Ah, I'm sorry, Yuki. I'll get some lunch going for us then, what would you like to eat?" You smiled sweetly to the child, before quickly setting the sheet that was in your hands down onto the ground.

"Rice balls! Rice balls! Rice balls!" Yuki cheered behind you, dancing as she did so.

"Shhh, you don't want to wake Otou-san do you? Let's let him rest," You reminded her with a sweet tone, your smile only grew as she put her hands over her mouth.