☾☼ RUI ≫ LOOKING FOR YOU

Written by -CHEWIE-

⌒➴。NOTES:

• Requested by @iloveanime
• Rui X Reader
• Gender neutral reader
• Fluff to angst
• No manga spoilers
• 3rd POV

—Platonic one shot. (Y/N) is Rui's sibling.

LOOKING FOR YOU▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

LOOKING FOR YOU
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

The exact definition of a family changes from person to person. Families can be ruled by money, fear, wealth, or respect. Rui didn't care about whether or not his family was satisfied with their roles, as long as his eldest sibling was happy he could care less.

"Hey, hey (Y/N)-san," A small boy in a white kimono tugged on a taller figure's sleeve to gain their attention.

"What is it, little brother?" The figure spoke to the small boy, the scenery around them unfolding.

"It's almost midnight, that man will come to give me my rank soon. I'm so excited (Y/N)-san, I'll be able to become even stronger and protect you and our family!" The boy exclaimed, his blood red and turquoise eyes were beaming with anticipation.

"I'm very proud of you, Rui," They lifted their hand and placed it on the boys head, ruffling their hand into Rui's snow white hair.

"You don't need to protect me though, I don't want to make my little brother go through all that just for me," They started.

"Eh? But (Y/N)-" Rui got cut off.

"As your eldest sibling it's my job to make sure you're safe, right? I'll do my best, even if you are stronger than me. I won't disappoint you!" (Y/N) exclaimed with eagerness, a smile decorating their face.

A menacing presence entered the forest, and Rui seemed to have disappeared from their side. (Y/N) was left in the dark forest, with no company except the spiders that crawled all over the forest floor. They stood there until demon king, Muzan Kibitsuji with Rui next to him. His left eye had kanji etched into it. (Y/N) lowered themselves onto the ground and prostrated themself in front of the great demon.