seven

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ✯
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ✯
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ✯
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ✯
┊ ┊ ┊ ✯
┊ ┊ ✯
┊ ✯

"I'm just a kidAnd life is a nightmareI'm just a kidI know that it's not fairNobody cares'Cause I'm alone and the world is having more fun than me tonight"

"I'm just a kid
And life is a nightmare
I'm just a kid
I know that it's not fair
Nobody cares
'Cause I'm alone and the world is having more fun than me tonight"

Lily was still wearing her dress from the dance but she had thrown on one of her old sweatshirts that she found while she was walking around her old room.

Hey eyes were red and puffy as she sat on the kitchen counter, her knees balled into her chest as she watched her mother frost a birthday cake for the twins. She silently cried for what felt like forever, she hated that they couldn't see her. She felt awful for running out on them all those years ago, but she had to stick by Luke, their dreams were worth chasing.

"Chocolate, our favorite, thanks mom." Lily whispered even thought she knew she would receive no answer. "I'm so sorry." She cried.

She heard the sound of somebody proofing in behind her, she figured it was Luke since nobody else knew where she would be, or so she thought. Her three friends were outside watching her.

"Lily..." Luke whispered.

She didn't answer just continued to silently cry as she watched her mother continue to frost their cake.

Luke walked closer to her, a few tears ran down his face. He couldn't talk to his parents who thought he hated them. And his sister was mad at him, and she had every right to be, he knew that. As he approached the counter Lily moved over to make room for him to sit, she didn't want to be mad at him, she had more important things to worry about, and it was their birthday.

He hopped on the counter and the two of them sat together crying as they watched their mom cry over the cake. Lily laid her head on her brother's shoulder. "I hate fighting." She whispered.

"Lily, I am so so sorry we didn't show up yesterday." He whispered back.

"I'm not mad."

"You're not?"

"It's not important anymore. I just wanna enjoy our birthday." She said very quietly.

Luke wrapped his arms around the small girl, "Me too."

Outside The Patterson House

"So, Emily's their mom?" Julie asked from behind a plant.

"Yeah." Reggie sighed, seeing Lily so upset broke his heart, and on top of that he still felt horrible about what happened.