CHAPTER •°• two

Start from the beginning

He moved away from Maggie and slowly sat down on one of the buckets that were laying in the closet.

"But-t then why were you with me at all?" He asked and she simply shrugged again. "Like you could have broken up with me at any given moment." He said and Maggie just answered, leaning slightly on the shelf with some cleaning accessories.

"Well, for one it's a good flex to be like 'oh you like Black's abs? Well I have Black's abs, cause he's my boyfriend'." She said and Sirius opened his mouth, perplexed.

"Someone said that they liked my abs?" He asked and Maggie giggled slightly. "I mean I could have expected that, but..."

"Shut up." She silenced Sirius, before he could get into one of his half-joking monologues about how great he was. "The other thing was that, you know, it's nice to have someone to go to Hogsmeade with without all this drama." She cleared her throat. "We just quickly started to get along well." She admitted. "And it's not like I will miss my chance to meet my soulmate being with you, so... whatever." She shrugged and Sirius nodded though he frowned slightly at the last part.

He never understood how Maggie could be so calm about all the soulmate stuff. Like sure, she had a pretty good reason for it and he could understand ignoring it - he really didn't think about his soulmate mark all that much as well. It was just... well, sometimes he thought that it would be nice to know who said what he had engraved on his back.

For a moment the two of them were sitting in silence. Maggie started to examine her fingernails and Sirius was simply staring at the wall.

He actually didn't know what else he could say. He felt a temptation to make some dumb joke, but nothing good came to his mind. Besides, he was still a novice to all that 'coming out' stuff. Like he was practically still in the closet... well, no not practically. Actually...

"Isn't it ironic that I came out for the first time in the closet?" He asked, trying to smile smoothly and Maggie raised her eyebrows on him, for a moment looking at Black instead of her fingers.

"Isn't it ironic that you were kissing a girl when you came out?" She shot back and he opened his mouth in pretended shock.

"Well, that was way below your level." He said and she just shrugged.

Sirius on the other hand felt that a weight that he didn't even know was there suddenly went away and he's able to think straight... well, no not straight, he was never able to do that, but he's able to think... clearly.

Yes, clearly.

And that finally made him think of something else than just himself. He frowned looking at how nonchalantly Maggie was looking at him and he just couldn't help but say.

"Ehm, so like... are we now... broken up?" He asked, trying to not sound too awkward and failing miserably.

Maggie chuckled slightly on that and just said.

"I guess." She huffed under her breath. "It's just a pity we won't be able to write on our wedding invitations 'Black and White'." She laughed and Sirius had to give her that.

One of his favourite things about Maggie was that they both had a similar sense of humour, which enabled them to make constant puns about their surnames, their families, dicks, professors, other students, Slytherins... though it was almost the same as dicks and... everything.

"Well..." Sirius cleared his throat and scratched the back of his head. "I honestly am surprised how smoothly it went." He took a deep breath and nodded to himself. "Like, you seem to be really chill about all this."

Maggie raised her eyebrows.

"Am I?" She asked and then looked at the ceiling, to make her typical, fake-think pose. "Like I mean, taking into consideration that I've already thought you might be gay..." She shrugged, looking back at Black and leaving her sentence unfinished.