Chapter 1: Dreaming of a sandy beach

Sarah wasn't sure how she got to this beautiful sandy beach, but she was certainly going to enjoy it. The sun was warm on her bare shoulders, the sand white and smooth, and the sea a lovely, inviting, turquoise. In the distance were some expensive looking yachts; but they weren't close enough to make out any people on them. Sarah was certain she'd been here before, but couldn't seem to remember exactly when. It didn't really seem to matter a whole lot.

She felt her feet gliding across the warm sand towards the water and realised she was dressed in her favourite blue bikini top. On her bottoms though, something wasn't quite as expected. With each step came the light but unmistakable crinkle of the drynites pyjama pants which she seemed to be wearing as bottoms. That definitely didn't seem right to Sarah. She was an adult now; and hadn't  worn these for years (nearly 6 years she'd have you know!), and besides, she only ever wore them at night, not to the bloody beach! Still, she was all alone, and once she got in the water it wouldn't be visible anyway. It didn't seem to matter a whole lot.

She was right at the edge of the water though, and as she hoped it was lovely and warm. She quickly eased out until the water lapped around the waistband of her infantile underwear. As often happened when she got into water, Sarah got a sudden urge to pee. She reasoned their was no need to get out, and besides she had her pull up. Sarah laid back in the water and relaxed, releasing a stream of pee into the welcoming padding of the drynite. It didn't really absorb because they weren't designed to work in the water, but it didn't seem to matter at all. The relief was immense and Sarah stayed floating on her back for what seemed like hours.

The only thing that released her from her trance was the rapidly cooling water. Some clouds had come overhead and it started lightly raining. Sarah stood up, suddenly shivering, and noticed her mum, Claire, standing on the shore and waving over, shouting:

"Sarah, time to get up!"

That was a strange thing to say. She'd just got up from liking down! Then Sarah got the horrible feeling you get when you realise all at once that you're in a dream...

Sarah's eyes shot open. She heard her mum again:

"Sarah, get up! It's your first day of summer! Are you going to sleep through it all?!"

She hasn't been on a beautiful sandy beach. She'd been in her bed; sleeping. She wasn't wearing her bikini either, or a drynite, more's the pity. She was wearing a pink set of pyjamas; now darkened and clinging to her beneath her sodden sheets. She had wet, no, SOAKED, the bed, for the first time since she was 15, and now her mum was twisting the doorknob to come in...