"Ms. Fabray, all he was doing was gesturing as if  he  was going to hit her. He did not touch her," Figgins said. Quinn almost wanted to laugh at the stupidity of this all. 

"Yeah, okay, sure. But what about those people who physically humiliated and harassed us a few days ago and posted it online? What about the people who vandalized my locker?" Figgins looked confused. "You haven't seen the posts?" Quinn asked in disbelief.

"I don't keep up with the... 'social media,'" Figgins replied. Quinn pulled out her phone and opened the school gossip site. When Figgins saw the images on the front page- Quinn drenched in paint and Santana being tossed into the dumpster- his eyes widened. 

"That's not all," Quinn continued. She opened Instagram and tapped on one of the posts that someone made about Santana's abuse. "People read this, and pretended to hit her to scare her. And you say she was unprovoked?" Figgins opened and closed his mouth a couple times.

"I- well, I will try my best to suspend anyone who played a part in physically harassing you and Santana. However, that does not change the fact that she just attacked another student-" He was cut off by Sue, who until this point had been quiet.

"You are quite possibly the most incompetent Principal in the country," the cheerleading coach said. "How can you possibly call this unprovoked? That hockey player knew what he was doing. Santana here just wanted to walk through this school with her girlfriend without getting bullied, but no. This school is full of idiots who think that it's funny to make fun of another student's trauma." She glared at Figgins. "You know, if this absolute failure at leadership is any indication, you might have to be replaced soon." Sue smirked at Figgins as if they shared a secret, and the principal gulped.

"Er, well... I suppose I can let Santana off the hook this time," he said slowly. Sue nodded, and glanced at Quinn and Santana, gesturing for them to leave with her. "Wait, I'm not finished-" but Sue clearly was done with the conversation.

"Come on girls," she said, leaving the office. Quinn and Santana followed her out, and once they were back in the hallways, she laid a hand on each of their shoulders. "I'm sorry you two had to put up with that," she said. "Here's my advice- once you two graduate, get the hell out of Lima." That comment was unexpected. "Listen closely, because this is the only time I'll say this: You two are talented. Quinn, I know you want to go to Yale, and you definitely are capable enough to do that. Santana, I know you want to be famous. While I have absolutely no idea what exactly that means, and I think you should be more specific, I have no doubt you'll accomplish whatever you put your mind to." She turned to leave, but gave them one last Sue Sylvester smirk. "Oh, and don't tell anyone, but I think you two make a great couple." 

After she left, Quinn blinked. "What was that about?" She wondered aloud. Santana shrugged. "Oh shoot, we missed lunch," Quinn realized. "Do you want to quickly run to the cafeteria to grab something?" 

"Uh, sure," Santana mumbled. Quinn was concerned by Santana's unwillingness to speak, but nodded. They jogged to the cafeteria to find the lunchlady putting the food away. 

"Oh, hello there Quinn," she greeted. Quinn was one of the only students who was friendly with her. "Sorry, I've packed up basically everything." She looked around, and her eyes brightened. "Wait, I have one bacon sandwich left," she said. Quinn allowed a childlike grin to spread across her face. "I can try and quickly get something for Santana," she offered. Quinn shook her head. 

"It's fine, I can share." The lunchlady blinked in surprise- she knew how much Quinn loved her bacon sandwiches. "Anyways, we better go. Thank you!" The two skipped to Glee, with the sandwich in Quinn's hand. When they arrived, a few people greeted them. 

"Hey girl," Mercedes said, walking towards them. "I heard about what happened earlier." She looked at Santana. "Are you good?" Santana shrugged.

"Yeah, I guess. The guy was kind of getting on my nerves." It was clear she wasn't going to elaborate, so Mercedes let it go. Quinn and Santana took two seats at the back of the room, and Quinn took a bite of her sandwich.

"Here, take half of it," Quinn said after swallowing. She split the sandwich, and after some convincing, got Santana to take it. She watched as the Latina took a tentative bite, then another, then another. Satisfied, Quinn went back to eating her own food. As soon as they were done, Mr. Schue walked in. 

"Okay!" He said. "Before we begin, I hear that Blaine wants to perform a song?" Blaine stood up and nodded.

"Actually, Mr. Schue, we all want to perform a song- except for Quinn and Santana. This song is for them." The others stood up and moved to the front of the room, and faced the two girls. "We know that life has been really hard for both of you recently, and we wanted to sing this song for you." He nodded at Brad and the band, and they all began to sing.

You know I was broke down, I had hit the ground
I was crying out, couldn't make no sound
No one hears silent tears collecting
You know I had lost hope, I was all alone
Never been so low 'til you came along
Teacher, I feel the dots connecting

Santana felt her chest tightening with emotion already. Don't cry, don't cry. Quinn squeezed her hand, which brought her comfort. As the song went on, Santana realized that it was a perfect illustration of how Quinn had saved her from collapsing in on herself.

Now I am invincible
No, I ain't a scared little girl no more
Yeah, I am invincible
What was I running for
I was hiding from the world
I was so afraid, I felt so unsure
Now I am invincible
Another perfect storm

Santana felt a single tear roll down her face. They were singing this for her, for Quinn- for both of them. For so long, she had thought that she had no one. She was wrong.

Beat down on me, beat down like a waterfall
'Cause I can take on so much more than I had ever dreamed
So beat down on me, beat down like a waterfall
'Cause baby, I am ready to be free

Quinn was crying too now, but not out of sadness. They were happy tears. The song ended, and Santana managed to speak. "Thank you," she practically whispered. Kurt grinned.

"Group hug?" He questioned. Santana nodded.

"Group hug." She and Quinn walked over to the rest of the Gleeks, and they were yanked into an embrace. Mr. Schue watched with a smile, and after everyone pulled away, he stood up.

"That was a great performance," he said. "I'm so proud of you guys- and I'm so proud of the little family we have created." He rubbed his hands together. "Now, let's get down to business."

AN: Obviously I don't own the song- it is Invincible by Kelly Clarkson. Thanks for reading!