¹⁵. ʷⁱⁿᵗᵉʳ ˢᵒˡˢᵗⁱᶜᵉ.

༉˚*ೃ ¹⁵. 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐄!

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐘 even light out when Luli awoke with a start. Was something wrong? Why did it feel like something was wrong?

          She sat up in her makeshift bed on the ground, hands planted on either side of her, eyes wide and peering through the dark. They'd set up in the village's barn—Katara was to her left, and Sokka was on her left, and Aang was just past Luli's feet, and Appa's huge form was at the other side of the barn... Except that Aang and Appa weren't there anymore. She searched and searched, but there was no sky bison snores or shadow of huge fluff against the wall, and there was certainly no Avatar in the pile of hay where Aang had slept. The doors to the barn were shut.

         Crap.

          With the Earth Kingdom air warm around them in the confines of the small barn, she shook Katara's shoulder beside her and successfully roused the younger girl after a few rough jolts. Even as Luli's eyes searched the barn a fourth, a fifth time, they caught no sight of Aang, or the giant sky bison they'd arrived on. "Where's Aang?" she asked when Katara opened her eyes and sat up in confusion.

          Somehow, despite it still being mostly dark, Luli's words magicked the Water Tribe girl right awake. Katara's face went alert, back straightening, and her panicked gaze followed Luli's around the building at breakneck speed. "Oh no," the girl said. Luli was already scrambling up to her feet, tugging her shoes onto either foot in a wild and precarious hop. The thumping was enough to stir Momo, curled up at a sleeping Sokka's feet.

          Katara was quick to follow Luli's approach, throwing her Water Tribe pelt off of her and immediately going to stir her brother—who was snoring loudly. She grasped at his arms. "Sokka! Get your big butt up!" While she succeeded in dragging a confused, half-asleep and complaining Sokka up off the floor—with his arm held over her shoulders—, Luli sprinted towards the barn doors and threw them open. The cold air rushed in. Luli, still in the boxy lower-uniform of her regular clothes, shivered as her dark eyes frantically searched the village's dark streets.

          Two pairs of footsteps paused at Luli's side: wide-eyes Katara and tired Sokka. "What's going on?" grumbled Sokka as he was pulled out into the open air, his eyes lidded with sleep.

          "Aang's gone," replied Luli quickly, and then she was running down the porch steps two at a time, dirt crunching beneath her books. "So is Appa."