Chapter Three

Not edited.

Chapter Three

"But do you think it's really a good idea to go down there, Harold? It looks like it hasn't been used in years." Ryan read his lines quietly as he sat on the empty couch of one of the break rooms in the film production building. He and the other cast members had finally perfected the opening scene of the movie, and so the directors had been so happy that they had given them the rest of the day off.

Everyone else sat around him, chatting about what they would be doing this weekend after they finished filming for the week after tomorrow. They would all have two days off to rest and relax before picking back up where they had left off. Most of the members talked about going out of town to see their family, while some made it clear that they would be hitting up every and any bar they could find.

He sighed and flipped to the next page of his script.

If he was being honest, he wished that everyone would just be quiet. He had to try and get these scripts memorized before the weekend. If he didn't, he wouldn't have time to look them over.

After not being able to see his son for the past month due to work, and his unreasonable ex - wife, it was finally his turn to keep their son..even if it was just for two days.

He knew that once he had his little man, all of his attention would be focused on spending time with him not memorizing scenes for a movie. So he had to take the time to catch up on everything and get a head start in order to be able to give his son his undivided attention.

He felt himself getting eager at the fact that tomorrow afternoon after they had finished filming for the week that he would have his son with him. It had been so long, and he was looking forward to spending time with him.

He turned to another page, getting ready to go over it, when he felt someone's arm wrap around his shoulders. He looked up to see one of the actors that he had been working with over the past few weeks named, Daniel.

He smiled down at him, his long blonde hair pulled back into a low bun. His blue eyes scanned the papers in Ryan's hands and he frowned hardly. "Man, what are you doing over here reading over stuff for next week?" He said confused, grabbing the papers from his hands. "Learn to take a break sometime. You did great today as always, and I'm sure everything will go well tomorrow." He praised him as Ryan snatched his papers back, sitting them on his lap.

      "Can you please leave me alone? I'm trying to concentrate." He replied with a sigh. It wasn't like he didn't like Daniel, he seemed like a nice guy, it was just that he was a pain in the butt. Even before Ryan had become famous, he had never really been one to make many friends simply because he enjoyed being alone, but ever since day one on set, Daniel had hung into him like they had been best friends all their lives or something. It made him uncomfortable, but of course Daniel was a little dense and didn't seem to notice that Ryan didn't care for him too much.

      Daniel ignored his comment and plopped down beside him, a bottle of water in one of his hands. "So anyways, why were you late today?" He took a sip of his water, eyeing him.

"I had car problems." He said simply.

Daniel threw his head back as if he couldn't believe it. "Again?" He stated. "Why don't you stop playing around and just buy a new car?" He questioned, "I'm sure you could. I bet you even have more money than most of us on this set combined after landing the lead role. I just don't understand why you won't replace that piece of junk. This is like the third time you've been late because of that car." He huffed.

Ryan scanned the script in his hand, "I can't do that right now." He didn't bother elaborating. Daniel didn't seem like the type to go off and tell his business, but Ryan didn't share his personal life with anyone. It was best to just keep everything to himself. The less people who knew about his life outside of his line of business, the better.

He didn't trust people easily. Especially not anyone here.

They sat in silence for awhile before Daniel spoke back up, breaking the silence. "So, I heard from Charlie that you were talking to some chick before he pulled you away."

Ryan stilled momentarily as he thought about the woman. Summer had been her name, he remembered. He felt a frown make its way back onto his face as he thought about her. When he had bumped into her he had figured she was just another cast member or something, but when he had seen her sitting beside Thomas Hudson, the main founder of the movie..he wasn't quite sure what to think.

He felt somewhat indifferent.

He turned his script upside down and turned to Daniel, catching him off guard. Ryan usually wasn't one for gossip, but he was curious about the woman he knew had met earlier that day.

       "Uh, yeah. I had accidentally bumped into a woman on my way to the set." He said before changing the subject. "So, do you know what the woman was sitting next to Thomas during the shooting this morning?"

Daniel thought for a moment before slapping his knee. "Well, I'm not quite sure. I had never seen her before, but I heard that he's married. Maybe that was his wife." He whistled, "Whoever she was, she was pretty cute." He grinned, nudging Ryan.

Ryan moved over a little to put some space between them. "She looked a little too young to be his wife, don't you think?"

      Daniel shrugged. "Well, it's pretty common for an older man to be in a relationship with a younger woman, especially if they have money." He replied, "and from what I can tell he's got a lot."

Ryan let out another sigh. "Forget I asked." He said, standing up from his seat.

      Daniel looked up. "Where are you going?"

"I'm heading home. I'll see you in the morning." He waved before walking past the other people who looked on at him with envy and hateful eyes. Ryan was sure they were jealous that he had gotten casted as the lead for the movie. Shoot, he had been surprised that they had even given him the lead role in the first place, especially when he had only auditioned for the side character roles.

Sure he had played in a few movies that had done exceptionally well, but he had never been casted as the lead before; although, for some reason during auditions, Thomas Hudson had made it abundantly clear that he had wanted Ryan as the main actor, no exceptions.

When he made it to his car, he placed the keys in the ignition. He sat quietly for a moment as he thought about Thomas Hudson.

He didn't know much about the man's character, but from the small interactions that they had, he could tell that he was a pretty down to earth guy and hadn't let fame and his years in the spotlight go to his head.

     Then why did you look at Summer the way you did when you saw her sitting next to him? That annoying voice in his head asked.

He laid his head back against his seat. Why had he even smiled at her in the first place? Sure she was beautiful, and he had been somewhat enamored by her, but he wasn't looking to start another relationship.

Especially not after the train wreck he had left behind three years ago. And to make matters worse she was probably married to Thomas Hudson, which he still couldn't believe being that Thomas didn't seem like the type to date younger women.

Maybe Summer was a gold digger like his ex had been, the thought filtered through his brain as he shook his head.

       "Goodness, why am I even thinking about this? Who cares." He told himself, before pulling out of the parking lot and heading to go grab something to eat before going home. "Just a few more hours and I'll get to see my little man." He reminded himself. That's what mattered the most right now, not him trying to decipher the relationship between Summer and Thomas Hudson.