because she was dead serious, and he knew it.

eileen had been obsessed with him since she was in fifth grade, it was always harry. she had been practically in love with him, and she was genuinely worried that she would never find someone she could respect as much as she did him.

so he just continues laughing and she just sniffles and laughs, before he moves to sit beside her.

"i'm so serious, and that scares me. like i'm not even fucking joking. i respect him so much," she starts to rant. she's just looking down at her lock screen with this twinkle in her eyes.

"i know you're not kidding," he assures her. she just closes her eyes and sighs for a moment.

"sorry, i dunno why i got so emotional. i really can't help it. i know that's annoying. i could literally go on for hours about him," she quietly states and vinnie frantically shakes his head, causing her to look up at him with a small smile on her face.

"it's not annoying. i don't think there's a single person in this world that could get annoyed with harry styles," he says.

she shakes her head and just groans. "no, people do! they're so mean to him, a-and he just takes it. he's like the sweetest person in this world, and i know that for a fact! i've never even met him, god i sound so delusional," she exclaims. vinnie just laughs, and continues looking at her with a soft smile.

"like, i wish i could be like that, you know? he's aware of all the shit people give him for being himself, but he doesn't let it change him. like i'm so serious when i say he genuinely inspires me to be a better person. and that scares me, because what if i don't feel that way about anyone else?"

she wasn't expecting a response, because what could he even say back? she knew she sounded weird, but that's what he did to her. he made her so emotional. he made her warm inside, and she knows it sounded crazy.

as stupid as it sounded, hearing her talk about him made him happy. happier than he'd ever admit. because she got this twinkle in her eyes, and a bright look on her face. and seeing her like that, made him smile.

"i just, i don't know. he makes me happy," she states and vinnie nods, looking at her with admiration in his eyes.

"you ever watched this is us?" she questions. he bites his lips and just shakes his head, because he had never. he honestly didn't even know what she was talking about. she looks at him for a single moment, before standing up, putting her phone back in her pocket. she grabs his board off the ground and looks at him with a wide smile and her other hand reached towards him.

he doesn't even question her, he just places his hand in hers as she leads him to her car.

in this moment, vinnie realized he would do anything for eileen. genuinely anything. as long as he got to see that smile on her face, or the twinkle in her eyes, he was a goner.

"i'm definitely a harry stan after tonight," vinnie finally states and eileen looks at him with a wide grin and just laughs. her eyes trail over his face for a single second before she looks back up at the ceiling and she's silent once again.

after she drove them home (she had blasted his music the whole way to her apartment), she just silently led him into her house.