23 | The Worst Commission, Part III

Start from the beginning

"Now, your turn. I want you to kiss me, Lyn," she said, with a small smirk and an expression that seemed to say, "I dare you to call that a lie."

Lyn gulped. Her heart was beating so fast that she could barely hear herself speak. "I- I know that that's a lie. I'm... I'm not falling for that."

Wrapping her arms around Lyn's neck, Cydney pulled Lyn even closer. Their lips were a hair apart now.

"Kiss. Me," Cydney challenged again, her warm breath sending shivers down Lyn's spine.

And this time, Lyn lost the challenge.

Her knees buckled and she leaned into Cydney for another kiss. It started soft and gentle, but with Cydney tugging on her neck and egging her on, it slowly became more passionate and ferocious. Soon, they staggered onto the bed, and Lyn found herself pinning Cydney down and ravaging her mouth, like a starved puppy who finally got the treat she had been waiting for.

Her hands slipped under Cydney's shirt, but she quickly pulled them away. The roughness of the scars pricked her fingers, and regret washed over her once again.

"S- Sorry, Cinna," she said in between gasps. "I- I won't do it again, I promise."

Cydney was also panting heavily, but she grabbed Lyn's hand. "No, no, it's fine."

With a reassuring smile, she took off her shirt and tossed it to the side.

Lyn stared at Cydney's bare torso in both awe and anguish. She finally got to take a proper look at the absurd amount of scars on the otherwise smooth and beautiful body—except for the recent scar on Cydney's shoulder, the rest of them were old scars that appeared to be inflicted deliberately, with each stroke slashed in a similar direction and force. Some were much older and faded than others.

Tracing the scars with a trembling finger, Lyn whispered, "Who did this to you?"

Cydney's smile was cheerless and wistful. "Isn't it so ugly?"

"See? Lies again," Lyn chided. "You are the most beautiful person in the whole world."

She wrapped her arms around Cydney's waist and proceeded to give every single scar a light kiss. The never-ending scars made the process feel like an eternity. When she was finally done, she let out a long, shaky sigh.

"Oh, my poor Cinnamon... How many scars are there?"

"Two hundred and forty-four. There's more at the back."

Lyn was not expecting to hear an exact number. "You... counted?"

"I counted, yeah."

"I will kill the person who did this to you."

There was a small pause before Cydney said with a laugh, "I don't know, I don't think you're able to."

"Another lie. I can't believe you, Cinnamon Cake."

Cydney laughed again as she pulled Lyn in to continue where they left off. After a while, Lyn's clothes came off as well, and the two of them caressed and massaged each other's body as they kissed—fiercely, intensely, passionately.

When they broke off, Lyn moved downwards, kissing and nibbling on Cydney's neck, drawing sharp gasps and soft moans from the petite woman.

"Lyn... I... I'll miss you..."

I'll miss you?

Lyn's mind went blank. Desperation hit her, and she went on a rampage—kissing, touching, kneading, tasting, everywhere. She had never been more determined to memorize every scar and every bump on Cydney's body, to make her call out her name as much as possible, to watch her wriggle and writhe under her, to let her utterly destroy the bedsheet, the pillow, the bedposts...