I'm so lost in my thoughts I don't realize Loki is calling out to me.

I snap out of my thoughts, once he shouts my name, and look over at him with an annoyed frown. I sneer and narrow my eyes at him. I'm trying to pull the puzzle together and having him interrupt me is triggering.

"Can you please pass me that book over there, Y/N? I don't have time waste." He says, his voice thick with irritation. I scoff, grabbing the book he's pointing at and just shoving it towards him. He sloppily catches it, shooting me a confused look. "Why are you so angry at me?"

"You interrupted my thoughts, how can I not be angry at you. All this research is pointless!" I stress out, leaning back on my chair and crossing my arms over my chest. I breathe out heavily, trying to voice my thoughts. We are wasting our time here and I feel like somehow this is what the strange pull wants.

"Pointless?" Loki frowns, sounding indignant to what I said.

"Yes, pointless! There are millions of books in this place, we might have a year, but we aren't going to waste a whole year searching each book for something is not here." I answer, looking over at him. Loki's confused and it's written all over his face. I know I make no sense but I refuse to continue a research that will have absolutely no results in the end.

Loki pushes his chair back and stands up, placing his hands on the table in exasperation. "You have no idea if there's an answer hidden in these books. We can't just give up, I will find a cure and you will return home like I promised."

"Loki, you don't get it! I am not sick! This is not an illness you can cure, there is a force, there is some kind of power over me. Frigga mentioned she sensed something between us, if I can feel that weird power I bet you can too."

Loki's frown deepens, "What do you feel then? Maybe if you actually told me what is wrong I could find a much different way to resolve our problem!"

I don't know how to tell him about all of the visions I've had. Some were about him and some were about me. Sometimes it's just a terrifying voice calling out to me, like a demon trying to convince me to brake free, but what does it mean to breake free?

"Loki, if Frigga told me she feels something strange between us, then there must be something wrong with you too. What are you not telling me?" I question him, one brow raising as I do.

Loki looks at me in disbelief, as if he knows I'm right to accuse him of hiding information from me.

"Alright, maybe there's a bigger reason why I asked you to come to Asgard." Loki confesses, looking down, not being able to meet my eyes. I frown, more secrets to the list of things Loki hides from me!

"And that is?"

Loki sighs, standing up straight and turning around. I wish he had the guts to face me. I press my lips together and cross my legs, waiting for him to answer.

"I asked Heimdall to come here. I asked him about you because I was having strange nightmares about you. It started as simple dreams but I felt the guilt non the less. He told me that you were growing sick so I assumed this was an illness. Besides that he told me that we were connected by an outer force. Between us both you were being much more affected by it than me, you are a human so you were suffering much more than me. Lately I've had... visions."

I stand up abruptly, knowing that I was right. There is a pull or what he is calling an outer force. "What visions?"

Loki turns around and crosses his arms over his chest, shooting me a look of annoyance, "I won't tell you."

"Why not?"

Loki scoff, bending over to me. Our faces are so close I can feel his warm breath. I step back a little for him to take a step closer. "You can't demand an answer when you don't tell me anything either."