𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮

Start from the beginning

Ms Puffy looks at the student, sighs yet again, ‘Child, I have not slept in 48 hours. If you want to complain, do it when I don’t feel like murdering something.’ an unpleasant shiver creeps up my spine and the student immediately lowers his hands and sits up with frightening speed.

Remind me not to ever anger sleep-deprived Ms Puffy for my own safety. Or any sleep-deprived person for the matter. Not a good idea to begin with to be honest.

‘Moving on, I’ll quickly brief you on what these presentations will be about. These will be a decent part of your grade so for your own good, do not slack on this project, it might just make the passing mark for some of you. This will be due in two weeks.’

She goes on to explain the project, uninteresting stuff in all honesty so I go into that mode of ‘Yeah I’m paying attention but in a way, no, not really.’ I could still probably answer any question she shot at me though.

'You have the rest of the lesson to start it. Is everyone clear?' Ms Puffy claps.

'Yes Ms,' the class chorused.

A girl raised her hand, more politely than most of the people today.

'Yes Darphine?'

'Can we leave class and go to the library to do our projects?'

'Yes you can.' Ms Puffy sits down, starting to type away on her laptop, the projector frozen on the slide.

Several students find their partners, already running off to the library to escape the stuffy classroom which was completely reasonable.

'Nerd, are you coming?' Techno was already at the door, pointing at the exit.

Yes I was, why wouldn't I?

I nod, walking past him and through the exit. Was I a little salty and my pride hurt for being called a nerd (even though I am and he calls everyone a nerd)?

Yes I was.

TECHNO'S POV
I snorted quietly at his childishness, following shortly behind him. I mentally laugh, he's even speed-walking. What is he trying to accomplish? Getting to the library quicker?

It was amusing to say the least, watching the blond storm off. I leisurely follow, watching him take corners into corridors and eventually, reach the library which I may remind you, is on the entire other side of the building to the english classrooms. Yeah, makes total sense. English students totally aren’t going to use the library, the science students are always going to use the darn library.

Anyway, by the time we reach the library, it’s quiet but filled with people from our class and several others, the stereotypical hushed whispers and all. We briefly greeted the librarians, not the smartest but nice and knew where literally any book you asked was, and wandered ‘round, trying to find an available table.

Several offered their tables ( which one should never do, don’t surrender your table ) but each time, Dream politely refused, saying that he could just find another and that he didn’t want to bother. Why bother saying all that, just refuse.

Imagine being known as a ‘nice’ dude.
Yeah not me.

Eventually, after like five more minutes, we finally find a corner of the library, second floor, that’s unoccupied. He stares down past the railing, a brief distant look in his eyes before he shakes his head.

‘Cmon, let’s get started.’

I nod, taking a seat and slinging my backpack onto the floor (more gently than it sounds) and pull out my laptop, quickly opening it to the same password screen. I type in my password, hearing the clacks from the other side of the table. I took my time to enjoy the scenery, waiting as it loaded. The ‘vibes’, as Wilbur would say, were immaculate in this place. Some warm, golden light peeking through the windows of this place, the smell of old and new books alike, wood and a place that would be my kind of place, minus the people that is. Everything’s nicer without people, take no offence, this is just how it goes around here.