Chapter 8: Versus

At the palace, an Anacondrai Cultist is serving the Elemental Masters their food while Aria sat at a table observing them.

"It seems that the ninja are the only ones weary of anything" Aria mumbles to herself, she glances over at the ninja, it appears that while they were talking they are keeping an eye on her as well "heh, it seems I'm a threat after all"

The ninja noticed Aria looking at them and they quickly avoided looking at her.

"Hey does she give anyone else the creeps or just me?" Jay asks

"Trust me it's not just you" Kai replies

"Believe it or not my cousin wasn't always like this" Cole tells them "she was once a cute little girl like everyone else"

"When did you notice her start changing?" Lloyd asks

"I believe I can answer that" Garmadon speaks up "a long time ago, I had a close connection with the Overlord" he turns to Lloyd "growing up you actually spent a lot of time with Aria, you and her were friends"

"Really?" Lloyd looks confused

"yes, your mother and Aria's mother Layla were childhood friends so they often met up in Ninjago with you two" Garmadon replies "After Aria's mother died Aria started hating the elemental masters because we were the ones who caused her mother's unfortunate demise, even though her father was on the dark island the two found a way to communicate through their dark powers."

"Aria's mother passed when she was 5 years old, after that she would always be taken care of by different family members" Cole explains "I guess after I left home I never really thought about what became of her, maybe if I paid more attention I could've prevented her turn to evil"

"This result would have been inevitable Cole" Garmadon sighs "as the daughter of evil this is her destiny"

"So will me and her have a final battle one day?" Lloyd asks

"Not unless we stop her before she gets her full power" Garmadon tells him

"Then that's what we'll do" Lloyd says determined

Chen came on the intercom "The tournament of Elements continues. Fun time! Would the following Masters please make their way to their assign arena? Speed, Gravity, Smoke, Nature, Mind, oh, and last and hopefully not least... Darkness!"

"This will be a good time to see what she can do" Kai says

"Indeed" Garmadon agrees

-

Everyone sat in the arena to watch the different fights. The first fight was Turner, Master of Speed, versus Gravis, Master of Gravity. Turner, the master of speed, won. The next fight was Neuro, Master of Mind, versus Bolobo, Master of Nature. Neuro, the master of mind, won. Finally it was time for the last match.

"Aria, Master of Darkness, versus Ash, Master of Smoke. Fight!" Chen laughs

Aria turns and faces Ash, he quickly runs at her before disappearing into smoke and appearing behind her. Aria smirks and roundhouse kicks him just as he materializes.

"She has good reflexes" Lloyd compliments

"She's been training" Garmadon says with worry

Ash turns into ash and Aria puts her hand down on the ground. A black circle appears within a 10 foot radius around her hand. The ninja and Garmadon watch with great interest. The circle glows and Ash materializes.

"What?!" Ash shouts confused

"Cute trick" Aria crosses her arms with a smug look on her face "but within this circle your elemental powers won't work"