Ch. 14 Leaving the Hovel

Orochimaru was coughing and wheezing in his bed. Things did not work out as planned, the body he was inhabiting was already rejecting him. He didn't know how it came to be this way, he had one more year left, one more before he was required to switch bodies again.

Sasuke wasn't ready, he wasn't as powerful as he wanted so his body was off limits and he couldn't take Kabuto's body he was just as important, who else would keep his test subjects alive and who else could create the medicine for Orochimaru. He coughed again, his form was racked with pain and he was spitting out blood. He needed to shed his skin again, like a snake, he needed a young rejuvenating being. He wanted the sharingan yes, but he wanted Sasuke at the peak of his power. There was still time but Orochimaru was blissfully unaware that time was every shinobi's enemy he just refused to believe it.

He heard a knock at the door, and he hailed the person to come in. It was his right hand man Kabuto Yakushi, his most trusted and loyal subordinate. He was carrying a tray filled with bottles and herbs and various utensils for creating medical alchemies.

"I have brought your medicine Orochimaru-sama." said Kabuto with that suave voice of his which makes this vulgar feeling rise up in me. If Kabuto was likened to any animal he would be a snake, extremely deceptive and cunning.

"Give it to me Kabuto you fool!." hissed Orochiamaru. Kabuto handed him a small vial filled with green liquid, he uncorked the bottle and forced it down his throat. The liquid tasted vile, but if it helped Orochimaru's health he wouldn't care.

"Orochimaru-sama you will have to switch bodies soon, your health is deteriorating every second you wait... Sasuke isn't ready to switch bodies so you will have to take another... in order to extend your life." assured Kabuto. "I suggest taking a body of one of the low level chūnin under our command."

"Yes very good Kabuto, tricky as ever... summon one of the chūnin under the facade of a promotion... and preferably if his body was weak, so that way I can transfer bodies sooner and take over Sasuke-kuns." commanded Orochimaru. Kabuto left to select one weak chūnin for his master.

'Soon I will have Sasuke-kun's body and, not even the Akutsuki can kill me... and I will also have the mangekyō... Sasuke-kun you think you could hide such powerful eyes from me.' plotted Orochimaru. 'It's a good thing he killed the kyuubi brat all those years ago, it has set the Akatsuki back by a few years and removed a potential thorn from my side.'

In a dark room all that was heard was birds chirping and all that you could see was lightning crackling around.

"Chidori Senbon!" yelled the Sasuke as he fired his new chidori variation at the archery targets, all of them hitting it's mark. There was several other targets around the room. Sasuke activated his chidori again and shouted. "Chidori Nagashi!." lightning started sizzling around the young Uchiha the lightning struck the targets destroying them.

Sasuke had changed over the last five years, he was now taller and his face was more masculine, and he was lean and muscular. He now wore a white long-sleeved shirt which was open at the torso with a small Uchiha crest near the collar. He now has blue cloth that wraps around his waist that is suspended by a purple rope belt that is tied in a bow and black arm guards that went up to his forearms.

His personality hadn't changed much since he left Konohagakure. He was still arrogant and he still had dark thoughts about murdering his brother. (I don't know what the girls saw in him, but spending years planning to kill someone is... pretty emo.) But one thing that had changed was that his arrogance had somehow grown, thanks in part to Orochimaru constantly praising him. HE now had a mindset 'that only a Uchiha can defeat an Uchiha.'. Guess he didn't pay attention in history class when they were having a lesson on Hashirama Senju defeating Madara Uchiha... dumbass.