Chapter 10: Our Idealistic Heroes Began Anew

1

The Gang of Three were on the ship. Natalie was behind the wheel and started to program in some information.

"What are you doing?" Emily asked.

"Winging it." Natalie said with a chuckle.

"What are we going to do?" Emily asked again.

"Hopefully everything that we can to set things right." Natalie said.

"But how do we know what is right?" Emily kept pestering.

"We don't, but we can try. We can try to bring the light back into the world."

Nathan sat in the small back of the ship with his feet up on the table. Emily sat across from him. Nathan yawned. Emily just stared at him.

"What are we doing?" Emily asked Nathan.

"Who knows?" Nathan yawned again.

"Is this a good idea?"

"I don't know, but we can try to do something good. I trust Natalie's guidance to take us somewhere we have to go."

"Okay." Emily looked nervous and scared.

"It'll be okay. I promise." Nathan held out his hand and Emily clasped it. Nathan gave her a slight smile.

Natalie yelled back to the Gang of Two in the back: "We're going to head to a planet named Yara. It is a planet with a number of midsize cities. Relatively diverse economy. I'm sure there is some people who need help. We'll head to the city of Vee, the largest city."

"Sounds good to me!" Nathan exclaimed. Nathan knew all of this was crazy but he didn't care. He was just ready for something new. He knew he was risking his life, but you had to take risks. Without risk, we lose all sense of reality. Nathan had already spent so much of his life without reality. Now he had to find it.

2

Floating. Floating in a tin can. That was all it really was. Nobody really knew the point of it. It was time to just disappear. But there was so much to question and so much to ponder and so much to defeat. A set of demons that were crawling constantly. Tiresome, tired, boredom, foolishness. Just taking a breath sometimes felt like more than it had to be. But it wasn't all that was gathered. Gathering together at all instances. A Gang of Three could only do so much, but if movement was to happen, it had to come together. It had to come together. It all just felt like a bad idea. Peace could be had on a tiny rock. Instead, the peace train had to be spread. It had to be given to everyone. But why did it have to be? Could one just be selfish? Did someone have to be selfless? Why? Why not? What was the fucking point? It had no point, that was the point. None of it really did. It was just here. All of it. Just here. That's all, in the darkness and blackness of space. That's it. It all just existed out here. Dead people floating on each planet, with only a few left to spare. The rebels. The accidents. The failures of a fascist regime. The fighters and the brave. That was who was left. It was such a bad idea. Why was it done? What purpose it did? That was the point. It was nihilism. It had no point. It simply happened just as all things did. No control was to be had. That was it. Throw everyone into a puddle of confusion. That was the objective. Chaos ensues! That was the beauty of it all. Plague the mind with depression and anxiety and struggle...with brief hotspots of happiness and love and peace and goodness. It never lasted long enough. It was never enough. Why couldn't it be enough? Why? Why must the blackness of the night take over? Why can't the brightness of the sunset and brief summer winds be the victor? Why must the bad parts take over the good? Why must this be the case? Why can't freedom be had? Why? Nothing was ever really free. Suffering was on the agenda and it was served like a steak dinner. Why bother to have hope when we could have this? Whatever this was. But everything couldn't be lost. There was a few things remaining. Two people to love and care for. And more to come. Journeys to be had. Suffering to fade away. It will be carved away like a stone. It had to be. Sleeping forever might be ideal in this scenario. The brain could finally just stop thinking these thoughts and be off. It would be off and it would never operate again. That was the ideal scenario. Lose the breath. Everything was not lost. Wonder of the world, power to the people. Living by the words of Serenity, the words of Elizabeth. Beauty in the mystery, beauty in the society. It was there. It was there. Working together could be had. A united people. A united front. It had to still be there, right? Why wouldn't it? Why wouldn't it? Why wouldn't it?