Years Later.

I jumped up from bed looked around and saw that I was in my studio apartment. I feel asleep on the couch completing my assignment. He had made me breakfast and had already left for work. There was a lovely note he left me. I saw an angel sleeping, so I decided to let her rest. Good luck with work. Whatever happens, dont allow Michael get under your skin. Please try to enjoy the rest of the day. Will try to get home in time for date night. I smiled as I ate my egg sandwich, potato wedges. I washed it down with orange juice. He must have a busy day at work. He switched departments after his partner was murdered. He used to work on narcotics now he is the head of the homicide department. They are currently tackling seven different murders. One was garroted in his own car, the other was shot with rifle, the other was poison, the other had a heart attack induced, the other had cuts all over his body, the next was drowned in his own bathtub and the last one was dangled and his throat slit. Little do they know one person committed it, it was none other than myself. Yes, I am serial killer. Now I am not like what the so called experts describe on the news. The story is quite the opposite.

My dad conditioned me to do it. You see he was an excellent hypnotherapist. He spend his days helping people recover from their addiction while one a month he would go murder someone. Why did my dad brainwash me to commit murders. I walked in on him on a different night as he was about to clean up his mess. I was stupid enough to think I can talk to him. Because of my sincere, concerned he made up his mind and went against his own killer instinct to murder me. He decided to brainwash me to kill as well. I know crazy right. Anything could be a trigger and I have no control over the urge. Until I kill I can't sleep. I start hallucinating about the walls beginning to bleed; I look in the mirror the reflection changes from a kindhearted person to a stone-faced red eyed killer staring back at me. The drinks turn to blood and sometimes it even tastes like blood, the room turns into my playroom where I take a few of my chosen victims to play with. To make sure I dont go around hunting just anyone and get caught I preselect my victims. They are the truly guilty whom the law has no clue of their criminal activity. To them these guys are innocent but actually these guys would serve ten years to life sentence if their dirty secrets were to be released. I have one friend Apple who knows who I really am. She treats me with kindness and I try to keep myself I check when I with her. I actually rescued her from one the monsters I mentioned. She was dangling on her ankles, stark naked, brutally belted. She was dehydrated and barely conscious. I dangled the guy in a tripod device in his living room and slit his throat. I went back inside to save her. I managed to help her gain consciousness. I explained what was happening and she didn't care as long as the guy was dead. I wrapped my arm around her and brought her out to see him die. Then I came back to collect the body. I wrapped it in layers of garbage bags and threw him into the sea. I went back to the crime and cleaned it well and through except for the pool of blood. I felt that it deserves to be there considering how he had destroyed an innocent girls life. I took her home and I explained that I am killer who tracks creeps like this as a hobby. She said her family gave her to this creep to do whatever he wanted in exchange for settling the huge debt that her family has collected. How her own father dragged her out bed in her pajamas to his car. The neighbors heard the screams but they were used to it. Her father loved to beat her mother, so this wasn't breaking news for them to call the police. Her future looked bleak but I managed to convince her to complain to the police and send her family to jail. I also convinced her to stand up to others who have been in situations like her. She promised to be a lawyer. As promised, she rolled up her sleeves and got to work. She even kept my secret as she saw first-hand how this monster inside me takes control. She swore she will help me find a way to remove the brainwashing dad programmed in me.

But who am I kidding? The trigger is never the same. It may be something I eat or a fragrance, something I touch or a sound I hear. It differs each time. Dad added layers of hypnosis and made it impossible to make it stop. I am now able to hold back for a few days but after that I have to do something or it will take control. I feel like a person sitting at the far end of the audience watch the stage play, until the task is complete. I used tapping and all sorts of meditation to keep myself from going all out like I used to. My dad made it clear when it comes to murder weapons I should not have any favorites. This is how killers get themselves caught. I have souvenirs from my victims littered in this apartment. I have a few four leaf clover shots of my victim hanging on living room wall. I am surprised my husband hasnt figured it out. Also I need to check my snapshots. According to an old dictionary Snapshot is a hunting tactic. I have yet to develop my pictures. I have already completed the assignment but I was feeling too lazy to hand it over. Still I need money get what I need. Police officers are not paid that much. I am the breadwinner of the family. I stretched my legs and walked towards the shower.