January 2008

"Hey kid! What are you doing outside at this hour?"

Yoongi ignored the voice.

"A snowstorm is coming. You need to go home, kid. It's dangerous outside." He could hear a concern in his voice. Something he's been wanting to hear from his father for so long.

Still, he tried hard to ignore the man. He walked the opposite way until he noticed that the snow has been getting heavier. He stopped for a while to look for something in his bag to keep him warm. We was frustrated to see only few clothes that he could just wear in layers just to survive the freezing cold.

Just as Yoongi was about to continue walking, He was surprised to hear the same man again. "Come on, kid. I'll take you home. You can't stay here."

"I don't need your help."

"Oh sure, you don't." He grabbed Yoongi's arm and lead him to his car. Yoongi felt helpless. "Now tell me where you live."

"I don't have a home."

The man laughed. Yoongi was trying to act strong but he was shaking the whole time. "Alright, kid. So where do I take y—"

"Just leave me alone! And stop calling me a kid!"

"Okay, you're going with me."

Before Yoongi could even get out of the car, the man started driving.

"Where are you taking me?"

"I thought you don't have a home."

"But I told you to leave me alone."

"Do you seriously think I could do that? You look tough kid, but I can easily say that you're weak."

Yoongi glared at him. He was mad at the man for making conclusions about him. But deep inside, he knew the man was right.

"Besides, I need to drive before the snow piles up in the road. I told you, this storm is dangerous."

After a few minutes of driving, they stopped at a house where a woman was waiting by the door. Yoongi followed the man.

"Who is that kid?" The lady stared at him.

"I met him at the street. He had nowhere to go."

"Oh, you're lucky somebody saw you before you got frozen." She lead the two inside the house. Yoongi was thankful to finally feel some warmth again.

"By the way, what's your name, boy?"

"Yoongi."

"Yoongi, you can stay here as much as you want. Consider this your home." The lady offered Yoongi a warm cup of tea. He was surprised with the act of kindness. It was not everyday that he got to find one person who treats him well. This time, he was lucky enough to have met two.

"Who are you?" Yoongi was having doubts, but there was this inexplicable feeling of connection he had with the man.

"You can call me Tablo. And this is my wife."

May 2008

"I need to go. Tablo hyung might be waiting for me now." Yoongi fixed himself for the last time before running away from Yijeong.

"Wait!" Yijeong ran after Yoongi. "It's her birthday tomorrow. Wanna go with me?"

"You're crazy." Yoongi kept walking.

"Come on, Yoons. Don't you want to meet her? Talk to her?"

Yoongi paused. "Some other time, Yijeong. This world's too small for us not to meet again." He gave his friend a big bright smile before running again.

"Fuck!"

Yoongi forgot that he was preparing something to cook. He was so drowned in his thoughts that he accidentally cut his finger. He panicked more when he realized that he shouted out of pain.

"Beomgyu, what's happening there?"

Not knowing what to do, Yoongi stood still, blood dripping in his finger. Jieun, still half asleep, almost tripped on the last staircase upon seeing the man.

"Yoongi?!"

***
a/n: I still don't know if the flashbacks are confusing, but I hope they're not😄