stars (6)

at the barbecue —>y/n pov

at the barbecue —>
y/n pov

the teachers set up a small area at the beach near the hotel. "cool we can watch the sunset!" nezuko squealed excitedly while pulling my arm to the ocean shore. aoi and kanao joined us. we lied down on the soft sand together.

"so how did grocery shopping go, y/n?" nezuko asked me. "oh it was great" i let on a small grin. my face turned red once i remembered the warmth of muichiros hand.
"y/n why are you red-"
"kanao, you went grocery shopping for dessert ingredients with tanjiro right? how did that go!" i interrupted nezuko, avoiding her questions.

kanao paused for a few seconds. "it was good" she replied with a small grin on her face. "ah, there you girls are! the food is all prepared and set up, so come and join us" ms. kanroji cane running towards us with a smile.

-

"wow! these cheeseburgers are great!" i exclaimed. "thanks! it was tough trying to get zenitsu used to cooking since he was kinda scared, but he eventually got used to it." nezuko stood up proud of her cooking skills. we continued eating and talking until it soon got dark. the ocean sparkled during the night. it was beautiful.

i found a small spot near the shore where i could lie down and stare at the sky. the stars dazzled in the night, a wonderful sight.
"excuse me."

my view of the stars was interrupted by muichiro looking down at me. "we were gonna start going back to the hotel" he continued. i caught a glimpse of sparkly stars in his eyes. truly another wonderful sight. "i'll be there in a bit. i wanna look at the stars for a little bit," i whispered in a calm voice.

"then i'll join you." he moved down to lay beside me. "so you like looking at the stars too?" i asked him. he nodded. i scooted closer and turned to my side so that i was facing him while he stayed on his back looking at the sky. my eyes were amazed at the sight i gazed at. he suddenly turned his body towards me, causing our eyes to meet. we were so close together. my face grew red, and so did his.

silence filled the atmosphere.
"y/n.. the pumpkin patch.. did you wanna go with me during fall break.." muichiro broke the silence. fall break wasn't gonna happen until a month after we returned back to school.
"y-ye...mhm" i nodded, still gazing into his eyes. we were aware of the long wait, but we were willing to wait for each other. willing to wait until we were closer, until we knew more about each other.

we got up and continued walking back to the set up. i was excited. although i had to be patient, i knew that hanging out now would be too soon. we needed to warm up to each other a little more. i didn't care how long i had to wait. i just needed to be patient, in order to hear what i wanted hear, do what i wanted to do. we needed a little more time spent together.

539 words