0.8 - The Three Musketeers

Start from the beginning

I pull the duffel bag I previously packed out from under my bed and slip my phone into it. I put on my shoes and quickly leave the house, making sure his car is really gone.

I approach Calum's house quickly, trying not to raise concern for any of our other neighbours.

I knock on the door as loud as possible, hoping for any type of response before Abe comes back. The door swings open and I smile at the sight of Calum.

"Put this on." I whisper, tossing some clothes his way.

He lazily grabs them, yawning as he flattens them out, squinting his eyes. He gives me a confused look as I set my duffel bag onto the floor and squat down.

"Are we fucking robbing a bank? What is this?" He asks and I open the duffle bag, pulling out my clothes. I stand back up, rising to my full height.

"No, we're following Abe." I whisper, pulling off my shirt and he gasps, turning around. "If he doesn't want to tell us where he's going, I'm finding out myself."

I pull the black hoodie over my head, placing my previous shirt into the bag. Before I can speak again, someone enters the room.

My head snaps in the direction of the noise and I see Louis at the end of the hall.

"They're still here?" I whisper yell, looking at Calum angrily.

"Yes, Luke offered for them to stay. I think you're forgetting that we're the ones that live here, not you." He snaps back and I drop the side of the duffel back, looking at him in the eyes.

"If you want to be a prick, I'll do this myself."

"What are you doing?" Louis whispers, rubbing his eyes.

"Going out, we'll be back later." Calum responds, leaving Louis confused.

"Let me come with." Louis pouts and I roll my eyes. "Please, I'm wide awake."

"Fine, but hurry up and be quiet." Calum whispers and I snap my head in his direction again.

"So now you're inviting people along? He doesn't know you fucking idiot."

———

"That's his car, pull over." I whisper, ducking behind the dashboard as Calum parks the car a few feet away from Abe's.

"Where?" Louis asks loudly and I reach into the back seat, pulling him to the floor.

I reach into the duffle bag and grab my phone before opening my door.

"What are you doing?" Calum grabs my arm, pulling me back into the car. "You can't just go up to them."

"Well no shit captain obvious," I roll my eyes, pulling myself out of his grasp. "Either y'all can get out of the car with me or you can drive back to the house."

I get out of the car and stay close to the ground, closing the door quietly. I make my way to the fence, voices being heard on the other side.

As Louis and Calum fail at staying quiet, I peek around the wooden door and notice Abe. He's talking to a few men and they seem angry.

"You killed them? We told you specifically to bring them to us alive. Not to mention the girl found out." The taller man growls and Abe doesn't waste any time before responding.

"It wasn't my choice, you gave me a stressful deadline knowing those new kids moved in next door. We don't just have to worry about her now, we have to worry about all of them." He seems stressed and I can hear fear in his voice.