Killian snarls. "Fine."

"I vote no," Knox says immediately. "Not safe. Bad idea."

My mouth drops open. "Knox-"

"Next," Killian says.

"No," Maryn says. "You may have your Sight but you also seem... weak right now. Answer is no. Definitely not."

I can't believe this. "Layla?" I say hopefully.

"Um." I hear Layla squirm in her chair. "Sorry, Kat. It's for your protection."

"Seriously, Layla?" I groan. "Even you?"

"No," Jae says simply. "My vote is no."

"Majority rules," Killian says, and I'm sure he's smirking at his victory.

There's no fucking way that Jae voted no on this. "You mindlinked them and told them to say no," I accuse Killian.

"He didn't," Kage interjects quietly. "We think the risk of losing you is too high. Not worth whatever you may or may not See."

"I can't believe this," I say in shock. Don't they realize that they're missing the most helpful tool they could use to find the wolves?

"We'll bring back anything we find," Maryn says, her tone apologetic. "We won't keep you in the dark-"

Someone kicks her under the table, and she yelps. "Well, that was an unfortunate metaphor," Maryn mutters. "My bad."

Blood drips out of my nose, and I quickly put my hand to it to wipe it before anyone notices, but I hear Killian sigh, and he grabs my wrist, and dabs underneath my nose with a cloth gently.

"And this is why you're not going," He says softly. "You're going back to bed."

Suddenly, I feel myself falling through the in between and I scream.

My feet eventually hit the floor, but I'm hyperventilating.

"Fuck, Katrina," Killian swears, and grabs my face, and I suddenly wished I could see the look on his face.

"Sorry," I say breathlessly. "That just..."

"Surprised you?" he asks quietly. "This is what I mean, Katrina. It's just not safe for you to be on the edge of my territory right now. You know I don't like having to do this."

I can't explain it, but there's something in the territory that I need to find. It'll take us to the missing wolves and vampires, I just know it.

I have to make him let me come.

Arguing clearly isn't working, which only leaves one equal and opposite option left.

I snake my arms around his neck, having to get on my tiptoes to do that. He freezes.

"Katrina..." he warns.

Too late to go back now.

Fuck it.

I kiss his chest softly, and work my way up to his neck. When I kiss the base of his throat, he groans.

"Let me go with you," I whisper, slowly kissing his neck.

I can feel his Adam's apple bob.

"I'll be fine," I murmur, kissing higher on his neck, and I can feel goosebumps rise on his skin.

Suddenly, I'm laying on the bed, with Killian leaning over me, and my heart beats insanely fast.

I gasp in surprise when his lips press to throat, directly on my Claiming spot, and as a reflex, my back arches up pushing my chest against his.