12

Calistas POV

I feel so empty. So drained. After everything. I just feel like he will go back to his old ways.

Feeling too tired to live I decided I needed a nap. After tossing and turning I ended up sleeping in one of Lukas T-shirts'.

I felt my eyes get heavy and drifted off into a deep slumber with Lukas scent washed around me.

I woke up with a pounding headache. I checked the clock

'7:57 pm'

I also noticed a plate with a sandwich and some veggies on it. My stomach growled.

I slept all day. I turned over and frowned when I saw Luka still hadn't come in at all today. What if I got kidnapped? Well he wouldn't even care. I knew it. He doesn't care.

What is the point in doing all of this? I haven't even been back to my real home, he's not going to change.
With that thought in mind I decided to put it to the test. Putting on shorts I quickly leaped off the balcony window and started sprinting towards the woods. I ran for so long I didn't think my legs could function anymore so I stopped.

Looking around I saw no one. I knew it. He wouldn't even know I'm gone.

After walking for a few more minutes I saw the road where I crashed my car.

Little did I know what I was getting into.

It gave me an idea to go visit the diner and Parker. Boy I've missed him so much. He has to be so worried.

Pushing open the door I heard the bell ring. Parker looked up from the register. His lips parted.

"What the fuck? CALISTA!" He came over and squeezed me so tight I started doubling over coughing.

"Where the hell have you been?"

"You haven't fucking shown up to work in almost 2 months. I stopped by your apartment and it looks like a ghost town! I've been texting I've been calling!! Look at you you look terrible! Are you okay? I knew I should've filed that missing persons report!" He said grabbing his hair.

Shit I forgot about my apartment. I need to stop by there in a little.

"I know I know. Everything's okay, I'm okay. I got caught in some. Shit." I said sheepishly hoping he doesn't question me being barefoot, or dirty, or in some guys shirt and shorts, or just randomly showing up. I didn't think about how I would explain all of this to him..

"No kidding. You just disappeared off the face of the earth I thought you just decided to split since you've been going through a pretty tough time.. oh and some guy came by and said you wouldn't be showing up anymore so I thought for sure you had just dipped." I frowned.

"Who?" I asked tilting my head

"Not sure. Tall. Brown hair. Muscular" he said. Immediately I knew it was Luka.

"Bastard" I said shaking my head.

"What?" Parker asked

"Nothing. Just annoyed you know? Essentially I did leave town but for some guy that Im into. We are trying to start our lives together but he's very... stubborn. He lives not that far from here and I felt too ashamed to ask to come back to see you so I just left" I scratched the back of my head. Most of that was true..

"Well shit! You're not stuck in anything right? This IS what you want Calista?" he asked wearily. "I can talk to the manager I'm sure he would be happy to give your job back if we just expla-"

"No. No. I'm good. I'm actually just stopping by for a little to tell you that I'm moving" I cut him off. This is the best way I could think to say goodbye. I can't stay here anymore, especially now since my wolf is back.

"Oh? In with that guy? I mean you practically already have you're been gone for months" He said looking down at me.

"Yeah but I never officially left so I had to come back and make it right. Plus I need to clear out my apartment.. wanna help?" I said shrugging my shoulders.

Parker pursed his lips and grabbed his hair.

"I can take you if you want?" Parker said taking off his apron.

"Sure" I said with a slight smile.

On the way there Parker bombarded me with question after question. After all he hadn't seen me in two months.

I wish I could tell him everything but wolves aren't supposed to expose themselves to humans.

"Will you ever come visit?" He asked softly. Asking the question I was most afraid of..

I shifted my head from the window to him. We pulled into the parking space.

"I don't know." I said with sadness laced in my voice.

We walked up to my apartment and started packing my necessities. Mail piled up like crazy, and an eviction noticed was pinned on my door.

After packing the last few boxes and setting them by the door. It was time to say goodbye.

I grabbed the keys to the apartment off the counter and turned to Parker.

"I'm gonna miss you so much" I said with tears in my eyes. I wrapped my arms around him as if it were the last time... even though it may just be.

"Me too Cal." His voiced cracked.

After Parker left I sighed realizing there was no way I was getting all of this to the pack house on foot.

Then I heard a growl and snapped my head towards the doorway. Lukas. Shit.

~•~•~•~~~~••~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•
He gonna be maddddddd

Two chapters in one day omg.

Shouting out my sisters book again!

After We Fall - kcary2

Go read it you won't regret it!

Thanks loves,
                             Lizzy