11

Lukas POV
As soon as I got to the pack house I ran up to run a bath for Cal. I can't believe all the shit I put her through.

"It's ready" I said with a smile

She wrapped her arms around herself and nodded

After Cal retreated to the bathroom I decided it was time to check on my pack

'How is the training' I mind linked Dylan

He wasn't responding so I decided to check in myself. He must be busy.

Walking across pack grounds to the training parts I noticed that no one was around.

'Where the hell is everyone?' I mind linked kade this time

'Im not sure alpha I'm on the east side getting things ready for expansion. Ask Dylan?' He shut off his mind link and I internally groaned.

Great now I have to find Dylan.

After wandering around endlessly looking like a jack ass I decided to head back to the pack house to check up on Calista.

I saw the light was on in my room so I know she must be getting ready.

Finding my way to my room I stopped when I heard two voices.

"No I told you everything I know okay?" Cals voice squeaked.

"That's not fucking good enough. I'll ask you one more time." I heard Dylan's voice and went to go open the door but I stopped when I heard what he said next.

"Who killed Alpha Mark?" He said with a growl.

"I- I don't know okay? The moon goddess told me he was dead. Christ I was dead. What do you want me to say?" She said

"Anything! Anything at all! You were there you saw something I know you did!" I heard a pound

"No" Cal said almost sadly.

"Liar!" Dylan yelled.

I heard shuffling and I bursted in.

"What the hell is going on?!" I asked pushing Dylan away from Calista.

"Just a friendly chat aye Cal?" Dylan said wiping his lip.

"Y-yeah I guess" Calista said holding her arm looking down.

Dylan stormed out. What the hell was that about? Why did he care so much that Alpha Burgesty was dead? Shaking my thoughts I looked down at Calista.

"Hey. Are you okay?" I said looking into her eyes, but she wouldn't look into mine.

"I don't know. Dylan wanted to know who kill-" she started but I cut her off.

"Alpha Burgesty. I know I heard. Do you know why?" I said with a stern look.

"No he just said he wanted to ask me some questions. But I wasn't prepared for that. At least not yet" she finally looked at me and my face tingled.

The way her eyes glisten makes me want to look at them for hours. She's so beautiful.

"Are you okay?" She asked gliding her hand across my shoulder.

"Yes. I'm fine." I tensed and turned away. I'm still so scared of how weak she could make me. I need time alone.

"I'm going to my office there's people coming by to get you food and what not" I said turning out the door and walking out before she stopped me.

"Oh. Okay. What time will you be back" she asked hopeful

"Don't wait up." With that I walked out but I could hear her sigh of defeat.

I know I should open up to her more. I just don't know if I'm ready. Especially with everything going on. I need to protect her first not just be all ushy gushy and let her get hurt. I hope she knows that.

~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•
Omg has it been a million years since I updated? Probably.

I will post more! I started online school today and just finished exams! So more soon.

Also my shout out is my sister today. You guys have to go check out her book!!

As We Fall - kcary2

She's so dedicated to her books and it's a good story!!
Thanks loves,
                             Lizzy