Chapter 17: Blood Merry

Start from the beginning

"My parents are so going to hate you," Bex giggled.

"Most parents do," she smiled.

They stared into each other's eyes for a moment before Lyssa leaned in, Bex met her halfway. It wasn't long before they had a proper reenactment. And when Lyssa was done, she took an exhausted Bex back home and snuck her back into the room. None the wiser that she had ever left.

The next morning as Bex walked to school, Joan met her halfway.

"Hey," Bex smiled at her.

"You never responded to my text or called me back," Joan pointed out.

"Oh, yeah... about that. I changed my mind. I don't want to break the bond."

"Are you sure?" Joan eyed her.

"Yes, I think I was just overwhelmed. I'm over it now," Bex shrugged.

"You're acting weird."

"Am not, I'm just you know... like grown up now."

Joan frowned at her.

"Doing that, it changes you, you know?"

"No, I don't know. Anyway, are you sure there is nothing I can do to change your mind back?"

"Joan," Bex said in a warning tone.

"And Lyssa isn't making you say this?"

"She's not, I want this."

Joan sighed.

"Thanks for being a good friend though," Bex smiled at her.

Joan blushed.

"So uh... wanna just hang out later. No weird stuff, you know just like we used to. We can watch a movie or play some games. I just got a new game for my Xbox. Wanna come check it out?"

"Can't," Bex skipped up the steps two at a time.

"Why not?"

"Grounded."

"For what?"

"Uh... Stuff. You know, grown-up stuff."

Joan eyed her in confusion.

Just then Joan was nearly knocked over by a strong gust of wind. When she pushed her glasses up and straightened out, she saw Lyssa had taken her spot next to Bex. Bex giggled and playfully swatted at Lyssa.

"Did I scare you?" Lyssa teased.

"You wish," Bex stuck out her tongue.

"Still on for later?" Lyssa smirked as they walked in.

"Freak Queen!" Monroe called.

"Sure," Bex grabbed Lyssa's hand in her own.

"But I thought you said you were grounded," Joan jogged up behind them.

"Grounded for you maybe, her parents can't stop me," Lyssa wiggled her eyebrows.

Bex laughed as they walked off to the table.

Joan stared after them, a scowl on her face.

Since that day Lyssa and Bex have become addicted to the euphoria they experience when getting intimate. Being grounded did nothing to deter the vampire if anything she loved the game of it. And despite Bex's talk with her father about being safe and precautions, and well that part about not doing it around other people...

They did it all the time.

They did it at school in the bathroom, in the band hall, in an empty classroom.