Chapter 16: Awkward

Start from the beginning

"You okay?" Joan asked.

"Yeah," She lied.

"Bex?" Joan grabbed her by the chin and forced Bex to meet her eyes.

Bex immediately wanted to tell her best friend everything, but then she realized Joan wasn't just her best friend anymore. Joan liked her and telling her would only hurt her. Almost as if Lyssa knew she was talking to Joan, Bex felt her emotions spike. Lyssa was angry, frustrated, annoyed, with just a hint of jealousy.

Bex's eye twitched.

"Let's talk," Joan grabbed Bex out of her seat and dragged her away from the group.

"She's coming," Bex said to no one in particular.

It was just a fact. She could not only sense Lyssa's emotions, but she could sense Lyssa. The whole girl. She felt her when she was close, which was another thing she didn't want to get into. How exactly was it possible that she had become a Lyssa sensor? Did she even want to know?

"What is with you? Did she do something to you?" Joan pulled Bex aside, by the school entrance.

Bex opened her mouth to try and pretend she was okay, to deny everything, but then Lyssa walked up the steps. Their eyes met and Bex's face instantly went bright red as she recalled the euphoric heaven. The way Lyssa moaned her name.

The two quickly looked away from one another and Lyssa walked by without so much as a hello. Bex cringed when she could feel Lyssa's confusion, her annoyance, her anger. It nearly overpowered her own emotions of embarrassment and whatever else it was called when you accidentally have sex with your vampire master.

"What was that about?" Joan raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing! Nothing happened. I mean she didn't do me, something to me!" Bex quickly corrected herself. "I uh, got to go." She ran away from Joan and into the building away from everyone.

Her heart once again began to race and she felt the redness spread down to her neck. She tried to control her breathing as she thought about Lyssa's tongue running along her skin, the sound her shirt made when Lyssa ripped it open. To her ever-growing horror, her memories of the emotions from last night triggered Lyssa and she could feel the vampire's sudden desire.

Bex swallowed down her emotions and focused on being a blah. When she had a grip on herself, she walked off to her first class early, before the bell even rung.

Throughout the day she could feel Lyssa. Lyssa's boredom. Lyssa's annoyance, Lyssa's curiosity. As the day went on the easier it became to distinguish what was what. Which did bring Bex some comfort.

At lunch the two ran into each other, as much as they had been avoiding each other, it was inevitable. They stood there awkwardly for a moment, neither saying a word. Bex took a deep breath, knowing she was going to have to be the one to break the silence. She could feel Lyssa nowhere near a resolution.

"Hey," Bex forced a smile.

"Hello."

"Nice day isn't it?"

"I suppose so," Lyssa said in her fake accent.

"Yeah..."

Then Bex turned on heel and quickly walked off.

She could feel Lyssa's sting of rejection. So many things she wished she couldn't feel. Lyssa in return was practically drowning in Bex's confusion and denial. But as Lyssa stared after Bex she could also feel something else, something she secretly craved too. It could be summed up into one word.

More.

Bex glanced back at her once, they locked eyes for a brief moment before Bex walked to her usual spot.