He scoffed with disbelief. "So, that's what this is about?" He asked, incredulously. Lucious was here thinking that she'd came because she cared. Because she was genuinely worried about him. But nah, she wanted to pester him about Jamal and this damn ASA bullshit? "A damn ASA performance?" He leaned forward, in desperate need of that damn top up. "Tryna get me to do the song Jamal's way, huh?"

"This is not about the ASAs, stupid!" She spat with annoyance. Damn. Why did this forsaken man have to think everything came with strings? Maybe that's how he operated, but not her. "This is about you." She stated, firmly. He looked a mess. Emotionally drained, reaching for the bottle when his problems got hard like some budding alcoholic. If he thought that she was about to let that happen on her watch, Lucious Lyon has lost his ever loving mind. "You up in here acting like you still in the Philly projects when you the King," She pointed in his face. "You the King of the world and there is nothing to fear," She spat. Their eyes connected. His hopelessness met her fierceness in a deadly battle. She would be damned if she let Lucious slip back to old ways because a creeper from the past had come knocking on his door. This man was going to the top, and the top only. "Especially not from your own Mama." She shook his head. She knew a thing or two about bad mothers. Their failures to be good parents could haunt you until the end of time if you let it. Lucious was facing enough demons. He didn't need anymore. Neither of them did.

He went to ignore her, returning to his drink. Kissing her teeth, she snatched the glass away and gulped down the remainder swishing around with a sigh. He watched her, contently. "Get yo' self together." She hissed, leaning into his face so he had nowhere else to look but into her eyes to hear her words. "You da damn King, Lucious." She repeated, softly. "The King."

His harsh glare softened. "I need you." She slowly blinked at him like he was stupid and tipped her head to the side.

"You have me."

She was gon' help him get through this, deal with his mother and the trauma she had left him with. Like she'd said before, they were in a good space. Dare she say, friends? Is that even possible for them? To be friends? They went at it like an old married couple, and sometimes the way they looked at each other was far from friendly but Cookie hadn't considered them becoming lovers again. Lucious needed a friend right now, not booty. No matter how good that booty was.

Although Lucious didn't seem to think that as he inched closer to her mouth, eyes staring shamelessly at her glossy red lips.

She put her hand on his chest. "Aht," She leaned away from him with a playful smile on her face. "I didn't mean it like that," She mused, tutting. "As a friend, you know," She patted his shoulder and went to stand. He was quick, grabbing her wrist to still her swift exit out of the mansion. "You should hop in the shower, clean yourself up." She murmured, trying to change the subject. "We've got a long day tomorrow, perfecting the family song." She teased.

He grunted and released her before standing up. "Let me walk you out," He offered. Her lips tipped up.

"I can see myself out, Lucious." She needed to get out of his space before her emotions had her doing things her brain was telling her not to do. She snatched up the whiskey bottle. "No more." She demanded, pointing a finger in his face. His eyes childishly rolled to the back of his head. "I mean it."

"Yes, ma'am," He muttered back, mockingly. She slapped her chest before chuckling. As they reached the front door, Lucious dropped his hand onto Cookie's hip. "You know I love you, right?" She resisted the urge to turn around, and instead mutely nodded. "My first love," He continued.

"All right, mayne, stop all this mushy stuff." She reluctantly faced him with a pursed lips and fixed the buttons on his wrinkled shirt. "You're the Father of my kids and I needed to make sure you were good," She dropped her hands when she felt the pull to roam the sculpture of her baby daddy, fingering each muscle with eagerness. He smiled, gratefully, and pressed a gentle kiss to her cheek. Feeling obligated to voice her feelings, too, she scratched her cheek and said, "I love you, too."