14

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: AESTHETIC? (MORE LIKE ASS-PATHETIC) BY PANUCCI'S PIZZA

WILBUR POV (THIS IS SHORT ON PURPOSE)

his sister.

astra, who barged into his life more than a month ago. she was like a sister to him, before he even knew that she was actually his sister. but the worst thing was that she knew.

she knew, and didn't tell him.

wilbur had been sitting in his room, in the dark, by himself. ever since the doors slammed shut he had been a shell of himself. he's hardly even thought about the strangers within his kingdom.

sister

wilbur will never forget that night for the rest of his life. the night astra was taken, and the night his parents died. the night he became king.

*start of flashback*

all the 10 year old wilbur could see was smoke. his senses were muffled, but he could hear the screams of his people. he ran blindly through the smoke to his parents room, only to open it to see death. his parents were laid out, throats slit and eyes open staring into nothing. he let out a choked scream, and started coughing. his eyes flashed to the ancient crib beside his parents bed. it hadn't been used in a while but it still reminded him of the most important thing in his life. he coughed again, but heaved his heavy legs towards his baby sisters room. shouting her name, he shoved her door open to see a figure in all black with horns sticking out from the side of their head. the person was about to jump out the window, but turned to wilbur in shock. wilbur stared at the figure, but noticed something else. tucked into the ram's arms was his sister. before wilbur could even yell the person jumped out of the window, a group of crows catching them. wilbur could only watch as his sister disappeared from his life, forever.

*end of flashback*

but it had not been forever.

wilbur sighed and buried his face into his hands, crying tears he thought he had run out of.

"i used to hate the sandnow all i want is to be buried in iti used to hate holding your handbut i took my skin for grantedi love the oceanonly 'cause you were therewhen you heard of the newsyou weren't even scared"

now all i want is to be buried in it
i used to hate holding your hand
but i took my skin for granted
i love the ocean
only 'cause you were there
when you heard of the news
you weren't even scared"

aesthetic? (more like ass-pathetic) - panucci pizza