13

SO BOIS HOW WE FEELING ABOUT THAT LAST CHAPTER;)

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: WHERE YOU ARE BY THE SCORE

CLAY/DREAM POV (NO ASTRA/THORN YET...)

i love you

i love you

those words remained permanent in clays head. thorn, astra, was gone, for what might possibly be forever. just like the stars, disappearing from his life without a trace. nothing was left, but the pain he felt. even now, a day after the doors slammed shut, he still felt empty.

he remembered every detail of the moment, and now staring at those cursed gates clay could almost visualize it.

*start of flashback*

clay felt shocked, and above all betrayed.

his gut had been right, 'thorn' was not as she seemed. she was so much more. his vision spun, thoughts split between his heart and his head.

clay watched as astra was shoved into the wagon, tears streaking down her beautiful face.

her face.

that was new as well, and clay knew he never had seen anything more gorgeous. even with her hair and clothing mussed, the tears, and the true pain on astra's face, clay wanted to see it again. to see her again.

as the doors starting closing, clay finally met her eyes. he could see the pain and regret and it hurt him. just before they lost eye contact astra mouthed something that shook him to his core.

"i love you"

and no matter the situation, even though astra was practically traitor to everything he believed in, he couldn't help but mouth back.

"i love you too"

*end of flashback*

now clay was kneeling in front of the same gates that slammed shut with such force only a day ago. his thoughts haunted him, pulling him deeper and deeper into his imagined horrors. he suppressed a sob, the sound coming out choked. tears poured down his face like waterfall, getting trapped in his mask. just like how he was trapped in his mind, unable to escape.

a sudden touch jolted clay, his body taking over his mind. he swung into a fighting position, fist up.

"hey hey dude, it's just me" it was sapnap. he was standing in front of him, arms slightly raised in the air. "the three empire people are awake"

clay nodded and got up off his knees. he gave himself a shake, shoving all previous feelings to the back of his mind.

"alright let's do this" he said gruffly.