Remus hesitated for a moment, leaving a pause incase Sirius had something more he wanted to say. But he wouldn't. 

"Yeah, well, you and James have are more intense friendship than most" Remus was trying to sound wise and if Sirius wasn't so increbidle gone for this boy he would have teased him. "You are jealous"

Sirius made a disgruntled noise at this throwing his feet up on to the table. "I have no interest in James or Lily"

"Obviously not like that" Remus said "But things are changing. But James is making an effort so should you."

"It is different. You are Moony, you and James are friends, we are all Marauders, plus I'd kill him if he said shit to you." Sirius said his head tipping back against his chair. 

"And you don't think James feels the same way about Lily" 

This brought a slightly awkward end to the conversation. But he tried his best. It wasn't his fault the presence of a girl in Marauder's activities threw off the dynamic of a well defined group. It had taken years for the Marauder's to properly jell. A new person couldn't just enter and it all be fine and dany. Sirius did however find, at least a small way, of welcoming Lily.  

"She is always doing this." Lily was complaining from her place tucked under James' arm. He was leaning up against the back of the tree by the lake and only seemed to be half listening and half just enjoying watching Lily. "She told me she'd met me by the front entrance. We have to get the potions essay done tonight. And how am I suppose to find her the castle is huge."

Sirius jumped at the chance to do something nice for Lily and even though it did feel like a sacrifice he reached into this book bag and pulled out a piece of parchment and handed it to her. She stared at it for a moment dumbfounded. 

"Thanks for the random piece of parchment Sirius. Really fun."

Sirius let a mischievous grin grace his face at this. This would be fun to watch. He pulled out his wand placing it on the parchment and saying "I solemnly swear I am up to no good."

He was right. It was fun. She gasped as ink magically sprawled out creating an outline of the castle. 

"It's a map." She said.

"It sure is" James said fully tuning in now. "We made it, well mostly Moony-"

"That's not true." Moony cut in looking away from the textbook he was studying. It had took a lot of whining to get him to come out and enjoy the sun at all and he still would only do it if he could bring the books "You lot came up with the idea."

"Yes right you are Moony." Sirius said smiling at him "I said I wish we knew where everyone was, and Prongs went yeah Imagine the pranks we could pull if we knew who was around each corner. And bam you produce the masterpiece that is the Marauders map. We truly are geniuses here."

Remus looked embarrassed but returned Sirius' smile. 

"This is really advanced magic Remus" Lily said still pouring over the map. 

"They did help honestly" Remus said "I never would have figured it on my own."

It was a good memory. A one from a gentlier more youthful times. The four younger boys cheering and leaping up from their place on the floor in their third year dorm. It had taken months and at many points Sirius could have given up. It all seemed nostalgic now which hit Sirius in the gut. He wasn't sure he was ready for them to grow up.

"Messrs? Should I be calling you all Messrs?" She teased. 

"That was my idea" Sirius said smiling "Thought french would really class up this invasion of everyones privacy."