08 - Hopefully, endlessly

♡♡♡

"You're all I need
Forget everything that we used to be
Take me to another place, fly me up to Jupiter"

"Sir? I said, I'm leaving now. My husband's waiting for me and-"

Mr. Hong twitches his eyes before meeting her pleading gaze, and Jeongyeon is trying to hold back herself from throwing up in front of the man. 

She finds it odd that he seems to know when to ruin her perfect day, or any plans she might have. Her boss would always give her extra work whenever she'd ask for permission to leave earlier than she needs to, which of course aren't unnecessary but still, she couldn't help but think about what she and Haeun had talked about.

Which reminds her of the woman's absence; it has been three days since she had last seen her at work. And before she starts to feel a little worried for her, Mr. Hong clears his throat.

"Right, but make sure to come early for the meeting tomorrow," he says, smiling at her while he nods. He lays on his back, relaxing his shoulders on the swivel chair.

"Okay, thank you," Jeongyeon replies, returning his smile before turning around to finally leave. 

"Oh, one last thing, Ms. Yoo," he trails, causing her to roll her eyes in annoyance. She peers over, the man's growing smirk begins to piss her off, yet she remains calm. "It's Mrs. Park, sir," she corrects him, and the smirk shifts into a scowl which he tries not to show but fails anyway.

"Sorry about that, Mrs. Park, well you see, I heard you're pretty close with Ms. Im and I know it's not my business but just in case you don't know, she hadn't been doing her best in her work and I'm deeply worried she might fail to comply on this project she-"

Jeongyeon huffs, carefully avoiding to explode in anger, "Sir. I understand but we can talk about that tomorrow, at the meeting, right? It should be between you and HR if you have any concern about her work. She's not under my supervision on that project, and well, even if we're close as you have said, I don't have any right to get involved in that. I don't know why she hasn't been coming to work so, I apologize. I'm going now, have a good night sir."

That took a lot of courage, and as soon as she's done, she left immediately without waiting for his response. And it was the right thing to do because Mr. Hong let out a chuckle upon hearing her words.

Jeongyeon stomps her way down the parking lot, her high heels clacks on the marbled floor, mind still in a mix of anger and worry. She gets in her car and sighs loudly, sending a short text to Haeun before starting the engine.

Her phone starts to ring, and a smile spreads across her face. "Hey, I uh, I'm sorry, I'm on my way now," she says over the line on loudspeaker mode as she exits the parking lot.

"Drive safe, I have a surprise for you, wait outside when you arrive. I'll go down and guide you up," Jimin says, his tone filled with excitement and Jeongyeon couldn't keep her smile off her face.

"Oh, I hope it's not one of those cringey stuff you always do or else I'll beat your ass," she retorts, increasing the speed despite feeling tense over the said surprise.

She's never a fan of surprises, but Jimin will always be an exception. So far it had been great, Jiyeon finally gave her mom the chance and let Seulgi bring her to Ansan for a weekend getaway, and Jeongyeon was just so happy it happened.