It Takes Two To Tango

Start from the beginning

"What is it with you men? I mean, really. Us women, are more than capable of facing the horrors of the ever so dangerous hair salon." she said with a roll of her eyes as she began to walk around the kitchen, putting things back in order as they should be within the room.

"At least he has a sense of humor about it. I was beginning to wonder what took him so long to respond. It makes sense now." his father said still with a smile and another shake of his head.

While Elizabeth did not appreciate his deceptive measures taken, he also never told her explicitly that she would be going anywhere. The exchange between his mother and father indicated that this was a natural and normal behavior and not something he was doing to control her, which relaxed her enough to only hold minor irritation that matched that of his mothers.

"So you think he purposely didn't respond?" she asked towards his father.

"Absolutely. He probably didn't want you to bite his head off, and waited till the last minute to tell you when you'd be more likely to be distracted." he chuckled again, knowing exactly the thought process Jason had.

"Hmmm..." she said looking down at her phone and not giving him the peace of her expected distraction before she rapidly tapped her fingers at the keyboard.

When were you going to tell me it was at the house?

He immediately responded in suite almost as soon as she sent it.

I just did.

Why bother giving me an address?

You asked for it.

You know that's not what I meant.

I have to go. In a meeting. Enjoy the apt.

You're so irritating.

;)

Aren't you in an meeting? Stop texting back, its annoying.

Talk to you later.

Doubtful.

She found herself annoyed with the recent exchange, but only due to his snarky responses and avoidance in acknowledging why she would find the situation irritating. She in fact became quickly distracted when a knock took place at the door around 11:50am signaling the stylist was early. Adolphus put his paper down and went to answer the door and in walked an entourage of three people who were filling into the house following the man who walked in rather flamboyantly who appeared to be the stylist.

Elizabeth stood up leaving the phone on the counter top to follow the direction Adolphus was giving them, leading them all into the living room. Two of them draped a a cloth along the floor to catch any dispelled hair, as a third began to remove bottles of champagne and assorted fruits from the bags brought as the stylists eyes keenly took in Elizabeth's face and then the immense length of her hair.

"Morning!" he chirped after he had assessed her appearance, his voice high pitched and enthusiastic accompanied by an excited feminine hand wave. "I'm Todd, and I'm here to make you fabulous." he very clearly was very comfortable exhibiting his obvious femininity, Adolphus adverting his eyes in a slightly uncomfortable manner, not judging but not being used to a man being so... extra. "So what were you thinking, beautiful? I'm so excited to chop this off!" he said as he reached out and began to grab at her long lengths, pulling some of the locks towards him and feeling its texture within his fingers.