"I don't need to put up much of anything to kill you little demon, you're just the remnants of an old world, you were given your own place in the world but you won't stick to it, but fear not, I can crush you then visit my sister's family, they are due to pay me a debt." She announced and held out her hand, the pillars began to rotate creating a sphere that encased the demon, something in Adrian told him he had to save that man, he knew deep down something was to be done or they would all suffer, Adrian focused his magic in the astral plane he was in.

Before the demon was vaporized he held out his hand and the demon was encased in an orange sphere, he vanished from where he was leaving only a replacement which was able to fool the woman he was watching, the pillars crushed the demon and vanished after they did so, the woman scoffed looking at the place the demon once was. She waved her hand and everything reset itself in the room, Adrian made sure to keep to the shadows when he followed her, they walked toward the upper floors of the mansion where magic was radiating more fiercely than ever.

When he knew she couldn't see him, he slipped inside the room silently and held in a gasp. "A sand clock and a totem were laid on a table, each one of those cursed objects was connected to the woman he could see the threads of magic connected between the two, this was a form of mana manipulation he had read about, one that required a totem and a cursed object to store mana, it was an endless supply if the two things had mana to pull from and store, Adrian realized what those pillars were actually doing to the demon.

Because the demon had immense power he was going to be turned into a mana source himself and imprisoned in the totem where he would forever fuel the witch, who exactly was this woman, how the hell she possessed so much power baffled Adrian, a lizard crawled down the wall, it was large, its teeth protruded from its mouth making them seem more like fangs. "We have added another one to our collection, my dear, I have enough po—." She paused and looked at the two cursed objects. "What, how?!" She screamed looking at the cursed objects, Adrian knew it was because she finally realized what had happened.

"No, now we have to find another source, such a pity we have to postpone our trip to Greeneway, just a little while, then you'll get your fill." She announced and turned to look at the wall Adrian stood by but before she even noticed, he was pulled out.

<>

~~~~
Adrian.

As if he were underwater Adrian jerked awake clawing at his neck for air, he was surprised to see it was evening but a few minutes ago it was just afternoon. "You're awake, you're fine." The man who held him sighed in relief, butterscotch and rosemary wafted into his nostrils, he knew who it was just then and he had never felt as safe before as he did then, it was Jax's father who was holding him, they stayed like that until he had remembered everything and grounded himself.

"Where are the boys?" Adrian questioned as he got comfortable on the couch, Jax's father sat next to him with a lazy smile, he always had that smile for the week he had lived with him, he was truly a good man, and Adrian had gotten his wish, he had gotten a chance to talk to him on a more profound level. "The boys are outside having ice cream, Jax and Johnny went to buy groceries, you came back from work and collapsed on the couch, your heart stopped for a while but then I remembered what you told me, it happens more often than not." He mused as both of them chuckled.

"I'm fine, but I might have done something stupid while I was out." Adrian mumbled as he got up from the couch and walked to the library where Kyle was. "Have you talked to you know who yet?" Adrian questioned and Jax's dad groaned. "You haven't have you." He pressed on making the man behind him groan again. "Nik you know you can't keep holding on like this, you need to talk to him." Adrian warned as he walked to one shelf and pulled out candles and red sage. "Using my name to advise me, I must be in trouble." Nik, Jax's father replied as he held Adrian's ingredients for whatever he needed to do.