Chapter 10

Lisa's intentionally trying to avoid her eyes.

Getting a moment alone with her has been virtually impossible since Lisa's parents got them out of bed and ushered them out the door. Jennie had to consciously stop herself from thinking about Hwang and how she'd very much like to have a talk with her when she found out she and Lisa were on the same flight but definitely not sitting together. Jennie's finding it hard to be away from Lisa right now, and that's something she's trying not to judge herself for.

Her body's still buzzing from all the emotions that she dug up and wore like a second skin yesterday, and when she finally managed to fall asleep on the plane, Jennie dreamt of Lisa falling to her knees, Lisa scared, and Lisa crying. Needless to say, Jennie didn't try to sleep after that, too intent on making sure that Lisa knew, without a shadow of a doubt, that she didn't have to wait anymore because Jennie is unquestionably hers.

As soon as they touched down, she and Lisa only managed to get glimpses of each other before they were both whisked away in different cars. Jennie just wants Lisa back in her orbit.

She was thankful when Chaeyoung and Jisoo weren't in the dorm when she arrived. She knows that Lisa's missed them, but Jennie thinks they should probably talk first before being subjected to Chaeyoung and Jisoo's teasing. There's this weird kind of nervous excitement in her stomach when she thinks about being able to spend some time alone with Lisa. Jennie wonders if it has anything to do with how much she'd missed her like the hours they spent together yesterday just doesn't seem enough. She also wonders if it has more to do with how she'd finally, willingly, happily offered her heart for Lisa to take.

Jennie might have grumbled when she realized that she arrived before Lisa. She busies herself by putting her luggage away, changing into comfier clothes, biting her nails, and pacing in the living room as she waited for her. She feels ridiculous for being this needy and tries not to think about how she's going to survive being away from her for more than a couple of hours.

She shoots up to her feet when she hears the front door opening and closing. And then, there she is, dressed in a gray plaid coat, a turtleneck, and slacks, effortlessly stealing the air in her lungs, Lisa manages to make Jennie feel a little weak in the knees literally by existing. It's ridiculous, Jennie thinks.

"Hey," she greets and tries not to notice how her voice sounds soft and fond even to her own ears.

Lisa looks up at her, a blush creeping into her cheeks before looking down at her feet. "Hey."

She scratches her cheek with a finger, shifting her weight from foot to foot, and determinedly keeps her gaze down. Jennie stomps down the urge to coo at her because she knows that look. She's seen it before when Lisa sat on the other end of the couch, when she asked if she could wake her up in her room, when she thought she was dreaming. Really, Jennie thinks as she makes her way to Lisa, it's impossible not to fall for her. Jennie doesn't feel so ridiculous now, glad that her gut was right when it came to how Lisa might be feeling today.

So, she takes Lisa's hands, ducks her head, and tries to catch brown eyes. Lisa smiles shyly but doesn't look up, and Jennie smothers another coo that manages to make its merry way up to her throat. She moves to fit her fingers in the spaces of Lisa's and finds a look of pleasant surprise in brown eyes as she watches her move.

"Did you think yesterday didn't happen?" Jennie asks gently, hoping Lisa doesn't feel embarrassed.

At the mention of yesterday, Lisa finally looks up at her, all shy and hesitant. "I really hope it did."

Jennie softens, rubs the pad of her thumb on Lisa's. "It did," she answers, hardly able to believe it herself and never one to beat around the bush. "I'm in love with you, Lisa-yah."