Vale Picks His Bride (Misaki's POV)

"What is going on here?" Vale asked, walking into the room.

I walked over to him and looked him in the eyes.

"Alright look Vale. I deserve an explanation. What is going on? Do you want me as a mate or not? If you don't I will understand and I can find somewhere else to stay." My voice trailing off at the end. I had confidence and then it disappeared.

Vale just stood there looking between us. His eyes stayed on Miki for a while. I looked between the two of them. I sighed and could feel my heart breaking in two.

"I guess that's my answer. Thank you for saving me, and helping me til now. I hope you're happy." I turned around to walk away.

"Misaki wait. Let me explain." I turned around and looked at him. Whatever else he had left to say, wouldn't matter if he was choosing her over me.

"Misaki I love you. You are my mate, and I'd never choose anyone over you." Vale said coming over to me and hugging me close. Tears welled up in my eyes. I'm a cry baby. All I can do is cry. What is wrong with me? But I'm happy he chose me.

"WHAT!" Miki stomped over to us. "Are you kidding me! My dad will be hearing about this. And when he does, I don't think he will be happy." She stomped out of the room. Are you kidding me? Is she a child?

I sighed and looked up at Vale. He met my eyes and smiled. I glared at him.

"Don't think you are getting away with this. You had me worried that you were going to choose her over me. I should smack you." He had a look of fear in his eyes as I glared at him. I smiled and leaned up to kiss him.

"But thank you for choosing me. Even though you shouldn't have had to decide. Why didn't you tell me you were engaged?" I asked, punching him on the arm.

He gripped his arm and looked away. I stood there waiting for an answer.

"I didn't want you to be upset and leave. When I didn't find my mate within the first 2,000 years, the council engaged me to someone they felt worthy to be the future queen. Since our people can't stay without a ruling family for too long it had to be done. But don't worry, I only thought of her as a friend. You mean much more to me, than anything else." Vale explained to me.

If he would have told me that from the beginning, none of this would have happened.

"If you had told me this at the start of things, none of this would have happened, and your 'she devil' of a fiancé, wouldn't be out for my blood." I said crossing my arms.

" I know, but I didn't want to overwhelm you. You were just introduced to our world not too long ago. Not to mention, finding out that I'm your mate." he said. That made sense.

"Alright fine. I forgive you. But don't do it again. No secrets." I kissed his cheek as he smiled.

"Agreed." he said, kissing me full on the lips.

"Now about those clothes." I said, pulling away. Vale gave a booming laugh, and called Asaki in the room.

"You can go shopping tomorrow if you wish. If you would like, I can arrange for your brother to meet you at the mall." He said, pulling out his phone.

I squealed and hugged him.

"I'll take that as a yes then."