Faithful Meeting (Misaki's POV)

I was surrounded in emptiness. Darkness that lead to nowhere without any ending. I could tell I was alive, for the fact that I could feel some of my limbs. Where was I? How long had I been out? Who was the man who saved me? So many questions were swirling around in my head. I stopped thinking and tried to open my eyes. They were heavy, so I knew they had been closed for a while. I could feel an incredibly soft bed underneath me.

I tried opening my eyes again and was able to pry them apart a little. When I did, I was met with a dimly lit room. The bed I was laying on had dark red sheets, almost the color of fresh blood. Everything else in the room was either Black or grey. It was quite beautiful, but I couldn't help but think that this person didn't like color at all.

Come to think of it. Where am I? I sat up groaning in pain. Man, it felt like my body had been run over by a bus. Lets see. I remember being strangled. I put a hand on my neck, and rubbed where the strange man had grabbed my neck. I felt a bandage wrapped tightly around it. I tensed. That's right that man bit me. What was he? Who was he? And who was that other man that saved me? The same questions keep popping up, and I still have no answers.

I looked around the room a little more. There was little to no light in here. There was one window, and it was tinted dark, so that the sunlight couldn't enter. I couldn't tell if it was night or day. I need to get out of here, before someone comes.

As if hearing my thoughts a man walks through the door. Wait, how did I not notice that door? I was brought out of my thoughts by a smooth, angelic voice.

"Ah. You're finally awake. It's good to see you up and about." He walked around the bed and sat at the end on the edge. I just kept looking at him, not knowing what to say.

"You were out for about 4 days. I thought I had overdosed you on my blood." he said as if it was a normal thing to say. Wait...did he say blood?

"What do you mean?" I asked, kind of scared of his answer.

"Well. You lost a lot of blood. I had to find some way to heal you, and my blood has healing properties. So, I fed you some of my blood." he said standing up, and walking to the table on the other side of me. I stared at him wide eyed.

"Y-you what?" I stuttered, trembling like a leaf. He can't be serious. I drank blood. He gave me blood. Healing properties. None of this is making any sense!

"Who are you?" I asked, gathering my wits, and managing the courage to look him in the eyes.

"Oh. Forgive my rudeness. My name is Vale Valentine." He said smiling at me with his pearly white teeth. Now that I look at him, those red eyes are familiar.

"You were the one that saved me, and fought off that strange person." I said, all of it coming together now. "What are you?" I asked.

"Well, there are two parts to that. First off, I'm a vampire, and the person who attacked you was a vampire. But don't worry, he was a rouge vampire and I'm nothing like him. But that's not all. I'm also your mate." He said sitting impossibly close to me. Um. What? Mate?

"Ok um, first; How did you find me? And what is a Mate?" I asked, inching closer to the headboard. For some reason, the fact that he was like the person that attacked me, didn't bother me. He seemed more gentle, and I felt a pull to him. 

Vale sighed and got up and walked to the window looking out. "Well, both of those questions go together. Ok. A mate is like what humans would call a person's other half. For vampires, they are like our soul mate. The person we spend the rest of our lives with. You are my mate. That's how I knew where you were. I could sense you were in danger, and my instincts led me to you." He walked back over to me, getting on his knees and looking into my eyes.

"I hope I'm  not overwhelming you with this information. I just wanted to be able to protect you and keep you safe from harm. If I let you go wandering around, without knowing who and what I was, you'd be in danger."

"What do you mean?" I asked, squinting my eyebrows.

"Well. I'm not a normal vampire. I'm the Pureblood Prince of all vampires. Since you're my mate, should you choose to accept me, you'll be the Princess of all Vampires. Since I'm a Pureblood, I can change people into vampires. Since I gave you a little of my blood to save you, you're partially turned. That means, you'll have fangs but wont get the blood cravings like normal newborn vampires. The full change will happen if we mate. Since we are mates we would only have to feed off of each other, and you wouldn't have to worry about hurting anyone." Wow. Ok this day is just getting better and better.

"Well thank you for saving me. I really do appreciate it. I didn't think anyone would save me. I thought I was gonna die. Truth be told, at one point I was hoping for it. But thank you. Knowing someone cares about me, is a blessing as it is. Granted I'm still scared out of my mind, but you seem nicer than that other guy, and you haven't done anything to hurt me. Unfortunately, I should really get back home. My father is going to kill me for being gone so long, and missing my studies." I can imagine that he's going to think even less of me now.

Vale stood up and grabbed my hand and kissed the back of it. "Ok well, I will have one of my drivers take you home. But, at least promise me that you will come back. I have been waiting for centuries to finally meet the person I'm meant to protect with everything that I am." He said.

I smiled and stood up. I gave him a quick peck on the cheek as thanks. "I promise I'll be back." I said. I noticed I was in the same clothes as the night I was attacked, but they seemed to have been washed. I blushed and didn't think about it. I walked out the door, with Vale behind me. He led me to the front door, and opened it. Sitting at the entrance of the drive, was a black limo. Vale lead me to it, and opened the door so I could get in. Once I was in he gently closed the door. Through the window I could tell he didn't want me to go.  

"I'll see you soon my love." He said kissing my forehead. I smiled. I know this seems fast, but it just felt so, right. I nodded. I noticed that where I was wasn't too far from my house. Vale stayed just a ways from the woods behind my house.

"Wait!!" I turned around to be met with Vale's worrying eyes.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Here's my number? Call me if you need anything, and please be careful." He said handing me a piece of paper with his number written on it. I nodded and put it in my pocket.

"I will. Thank you." I rolled up the window, as the driver slowly pulled out of the estate drive. I was dreading going back home. But, It has to be done sooner or later.

I had no idea that my life had changed forever, and was about to get worse. And there was no going back. Not even if I wanted to.