The Attack (Misaki's POV)

I was walking deeper into the woods enjoying my peace. But, I felt like something was off. As if someone was watching me from shadows. Woah. Ok. I need to stop. I'm scaring myself. I took a deep breath and tried to calm down. I told myself that no one was following me, and that I was just fine.

Maybe it was just an animal or something. But it didn't seem like an animal. I kept feeling someone...or somethings', eyes on me. I shrugged off the feeling and kept walking til I got to a clearing and sat down. I closed my eyes for a second, listening to the forest animals. Strange. It was eerily quiet. Too quiet, especially for a dark forest. It was like the forest was warning me that something was going to happen.

Suddenly I heard a rustle from the bushes behind me. My eyes snapped open, looking in that direction.

"Who's there? Come out now!" I turned in a full circle, listening for anymore sounds.

It's just my imagination. It's just my imagination. It's JUST MY IMAGINATION!

At least that's what I keep telling myself, because I refuse to believe that it's anything else. My nerves are just getting to me. Yeah, that's it. I turned back around, when I didn't hear anything else, only to be met with the face of a dark figure.

I screamed in terror. "Who are you?!" I screamed, and tried to back away. He ignored me and just continued to stare at me with a hungry glaze. I turned around to run, but he grabbed me and pushed me to the ground.

"Let me go!" I yelled, struggling against his harsh grip. He was squeezing so tight, that I could feel it cutting off the circulation of my arm. "What are you doing?!Let go of me! " I screamed in panic when his other hand started to circle around my neck.

He still ignored me, and continued what he was doing. "My.. Look what I found. I think I found my dinner for tonight." the man whispered into my ear. "I bet your blood is going to taste delicious. I bet you taste just as good as you smell." the man had loosened his grip as he was talking. He inched towards my neck, turning it to the side to get better access.

"St-stop! Please! Someone help me!" I screamed and screamed. Who was I kidding. No one was going to hear me way out here. I never should have come out here.

"Please...Let me go!" I struggled even more. By now tears were coming out of my eyes as rivers. I grabbed his hands, hoping to try and pry them off my neck. But I was already losing strength. I was going to die out here and no one would even care.

My brother would be happy to own the entire company, and my father would be happy to get rid of the nuisance. He wouldn't have to worry about me messing up his precious company. I stopped struggling. What's the point when no one will care if you're dead or alive.

Black dots started to form in my eyesight. The strange figure's mouth reached my neck, and all of a sudden I felt a sharp pain. As if someone had just stabbed me in the neck. The man drank and drank. I could feel my blood flowing out of my body. The more he drank, the more I could feel my heartbeat slowing down. Just as my vision started to fade out, another man rushed out of the bushes behind me. I was thrown to the ground by an unknown force. I was in too much pain to move nor did I have the energy to do so. It had gotten eerily quiet, and I couldn't tell what was happening from my position. Blood was still pouring from the bite wound the mysterious man had inflicted, and black dots were beginning to appear in my vision. My eyes were becoming increasingly heavy and I knew I wouldn't be conscious much longer. Before I passed out, I saw the most beautiful, and startling red eyes, of a handsome man. Then I saw black and nothingness. It was like I was floating there. Like everything was a dream. A dream I couldn't wake up from.

But my dream had yet to come true. For a man, made just for me, was waiting for me to open my eyes and return to the world.