Part 1

(One year after Emma's mother passed)

Emma ~ I'm going to school Mr. Mario

(He always made her call him by his last name unless in public)

Jefferson ~ make sure your the smartest in school or your little friend dies

Emma ~ yes sir.

(With that Emma left the house and headed to school when she arrived she asked her teacher for assignments that could be used for extra credit, just likes she's done the whole school year.)

Mrs. Smith ~ Emma I know you want to be smart but your the smartest person in this school and your only a sophomore. You need to live a little bit. Have fun be a kid while your still one. It seems after your mother passed school is all you care abo—

Emma ~ Mrs. Smith I say this in a respectfully way I'm just doing what mother would've wanted me to do.

Mrs. Smith ~ okay well stay after school and help set up the school gym for the school dance tomorrow night.

Emma ~ thank you Mrs. Smith

(After she had asked Mrs. Smith about the extra assignment or credit she headed to her seat where her best friend and boyfriend sat in either sides of her.)

Jake ~ did he hurt you again?

Emma ~ don't worry about it babe. I'm fine

Jake ~ your not fine he's hurting you.

Emma ~ it's okay calm down please

Ariana ~ he can't keep doing this you need to tell someone about this.

Emma ~ I know but I can't

(After school had finished she had already finished her homework seeing as she already knew most of the answers she headed to the gym to help set up for the school dance the next day. Everything was going good until she heard the door open she turned her head to the door and watched as Jefferson walked towards her and grabbed her arm and walked outside the school)

Jefferson ~ you didn't tell me you were staying at school after school hours.

Emma ~ sorry sir.

(She had grabbed her arm so hard it started to bruise and he smacked her across the face making her nose bleed)

Jefferson ~ don't let it happen again.

(The next part will be with the Mikaelsons)