"Can I have some of your food?"

"No."

Hinata shot the setter a look then proceeded to take out the chopsticks and bowl he previously used to eat his meal and started trying to nab a piece of pork or at least the egg from Kageyama's curry. In turn, the latter began fighting off the former with his feet—since his arms are occupied with trying to keep his food as far away from Hinata as possible.

Eventually, Kageyama got himself enough room away from his assailant to practically inhale his food, leaving the bowl empty in seconds, much like what Hinata did to his meal earlier.

"C'mon, you couldn't even spare me one piece?" asked the middle blocker.

Kageyama took his milk carton in his hands and started sipping from it. "Well, it's my food, and I can do what I want with it."

"Sharing is caring, dammit!"

The two once again got into a mini brawl with each other. Meanwhile, on another side of the gym, another duo is watching and snickering at the fight the previous two are currently having.

"They're going to get a stomachache in three... two... one..."

And on cue, Hinata and Kageyama stopped their meddling to grab on to their stomachs and whimper a bit.

"How'd you predict that?" Yamaguchi asked.

"They just finished eating, not to mention that they ate their food so quickly. It was practically inevitable," answered Tsukishima.

"Well, you're not wrong."

"How the hell did they know I like strawberry shortcakes?" Tsukishima questioned as he took out the delicate dessert from its container.

"Remember that one time when coach forgot to show up, and Daichi just decided to make us tell stuff about ourselves?"

"Ah, right. That was a waste of time, honestly."

"Maybe it is, but we wouldn't get this free food without it. We might as well enjoy it." Yamaguchi giggled a bit and began to fish out his food, which was a box of french fries. Though, Yamaguchi favored the soft and floppy ones rather than the crunchy fries.

The pinch server grabbed one of the floppy potatoes and started flicking it around a bit.

"Didn't your mother ever tell you not to play with your food?" Tsukishima asked as he took a bite out of his shortcake.

Yamaguchi continued to flick the french fry around. "Yeah, but have you noticed these french fries are just like you?"

The middle blocker let on a questioning look at his friend.

"Well..." Yamaguchi began, "first of all, french fries are yellow like your hair. Second, some can be really long just as how you're really tall, and they're salty just like how you can be sometimes."

"Cool—wait. What was that last part?"

Yamaguchi realized he messed up, and with a sweat drop sliding down the side of his face, he started looking around for a way to change the topic. Fortunately, luck was on his side as a distraction came just his way.

"Why is this bag empty! Where's my food? I've been scammed!" shouted a voice from the middle of the court.

Yamaguchi and Tsukishima's attention immediately went to said voice, and their previous conversation has been forgotten.

The pinch server let out a sigh of relief, while his friend watched the impending chaos in front of them.

————————————————————————————————————