C H A P T E R 1 7

Start from the beginning

"Rizwan I love you. And I know you love me too. Likin jaan yeh maamla aap keh haath sai bahir nikal chuka hai. Behtar yahi ho ga keh aap mujhe yeh khud handle karnay dein. Aap bas shaadi ki tiyaari karein," she smiled at him.
"Rumi tum kiya karo gi?" Rizwan was scared.
"Just wait and watch," she leant over the table and kisses his cheeks.
"Do whatever you want. Bas Hoor ko takleef nahin honi chahiye," Rizwan pleaded.
"Oho abhi sai Hoor ki fikr bhi honay lagi hai? Well then you might as well marry her!" She uttered out of jealousy.
Seething with anger, seeing him have sympathy for that girl.
"Nahin jaan. Its just iss sab mein uska koi kasoor nahi. Bas isilye. Im all yours," he smiled at her.

S A J I D H O U S E, M O D E L T O W N, LHR
●●●●¤¤●●●●

Mustafa was helped into his wheelchair by a driver and the guard who was at the gate. He thanked the two men, before driving himslef to the large wooden door. The last time he had been to this place was ages ago. When his mother was still alive to wipe his tears away after he had had a serious nightmare. When his father was still alive to buy him all the chocolates in the world, which the two would eat hiding from his mother. As should she catch them eating those, her father would get and earful about being no serious about his diabetes.

Not much had changed in the regal building. The outsides were still painted a cream shade and the large porch was still home to a basketball hoop. Mustafa remembered when that had been installed. He was but a few summers old when that was built. His uncle and father were his teachers. Tears made way to his eyes as he remembered those days. The sweet ache that was like a soothing constant, made its way back.

The step in front of the large door made him worried. He had no one to help him, or to lift the wheelchair over the step. Just as he was about to call over one of the guards to help, a young man steeped out from behind the large door. A large smile on his face as soon as he saw Mustafa.

The boy had black hair that was styled into a quiff. Pink heart shaped lips and almond shaped coffee coloured eyes. The eyes held a bit of mischief in them.

"Assalamualikum aap Mustafa bhai hain na?" The boy inquired.
"Waalikumassalam. Ji mein Mustafa hun. Aur aap Raees hon gai?" He grinned.
"Ji bilkul. Wait let me help you in. Iss sai pehlay keh ammi teesri jaang-e-azeem shuru kar dein," Raees said with a loud laugh.
His funny comment caused Mustafa to snort.

He remembered Raees. He had been born when Mustafa was three. As a child, he was very annoying. Constantly following him and Rizwan around. Asking them to play with him. And anytime they would, he on loosing would never admit his defeat. Causing them to run away that led to a teary eyed Raees complain about them.

"Arey meri jaan. Meray Mustafa!" His aunt rushed towards him.
Wrapping him in a warm motherly hug. Bringing tears into his eyes. He had not felt this serenity for a long time. So he held onto her tightly.
"Ma meinay aapko bohat yaad kia," his voice thick due to all the tears that clogged his throat.
"Haye mera bacha! Fikr na kar meri jaan. Ab teri ma kahin nahin jai gi!" She kissed his forehead.

Rabia was not only his mother's dearest friend, but was also the woman who had wiped away his wounds as a kid. He remembered a time when his parents were busy with work, it was Rabia who had stepped up and took care of him. Not letting him feel alone.

"Pakka waada?" Mustafa asked like a child who was lost.
"Han. Pakka!" Rabia replied with full sincerity.
Mustafa searched her eyes. Looking to find any lie in them. Upon seeing them void of any harm and instead full of vibrance, Mustafa hugged her once again. Like lost child who had found its mother.

"Arrey bhai humsai nahin milo gai kia?" Sajid stepped forward.
"

Assalamualikum," Mustafa greeted him.
Still wrapped in the arms of Rabia.
"Arey chodo bachay ko Rabia," Sajid tried to pry her arms open.
Key word being pry.
"Nahin. Itnay arsay baad mila hai mujhe aisay kaisay janay dun?" Rabia outrightly refused.
"Mustafa bhai keh aatay hi mujh jaise hero ko bhul gai saray!" Raees acted as if he was offended.

"Idhr aao," Mustafa called him to himself.
Hugging him tight. Raees hugged him back with equal force. Shedding a few tears. Not believing that he was with them once again.
Raees squatted infront of him.
"Bhai yakeen hi nahi ho raha aap humaray beech mein hain. Mein nai aap ko bohat miss kia!" He kissed Mustafa's palms.
"Mein nai bhi tumhein bohat miss kia Raees. Par ab mein kahin nahin jaun ga. Hum mil kar in dono ki zindagi mushkil karein gai," he joked to lighten the mood.

The night was spent in a joyous mood. An exact epitome of what was to come.

●●●●¤¤●●●●