1 | Welcome Back

The strong summer breeze was what Naya felt upon arriving. It's been four years since she left Japan.

"Where are we heading first onii-chan?"

"Do you want to visit our uncles and cousins before we head home to Miyagi?" Kino asked before entering the car their father sent for them.

"Nah!" Scratching her chin, she paused. "Well.. I mean, 'uncle sweetheart' is here. Might as well pay him a visit before we meet 'uncle grumpy'." She giggled.

"It's settled then."

~ time skip ~

They arrived at Nekoma High forty minutes after. Naya, being the ecstatic person as she is, immediately put her hat, scarf and jacket on.

"You know people would still recognize you with just that right?" Kino pointed out.

The Hashimoto siblings are well-known athletes. When they were younger, both were excelling in their field of sport. Kino excelled in basketball. Becoming MVP and a participant for Japan's outstanding athletes at a young age opened doors for his college years. He received scholarships to attend school in America which he, no doubt, accepted. Naya, on the other hand, excelled not only with her academics but as well as volleyball. At a young age, she showed exceptional talent in the sport giving her the title 'Queen of the Court'. Despite Naya being three years younger than Kino, she also received Japan's excellence award and was given scholarships from schools in America. Recognizing such talents, they both were announced 'The Golden Siblings' of Japan. Paying no highlight to the siblings, the Hashimoto's are also known for their businesses throughout Japan making that the cherry on top.

"Do we really need to hide ourselves, Kino-chan?"

Kino stared at her sharply.

"Sooner or later they'll know we're here."

"I know, but just a little while, when we still can, let's keep ourselves lowkey. Besides, mom and dad are at Miyagi. We can't go crazy just cause they're not around."

Naya sighed in defeat. Her brother has always been the responsible one. Throughout their life away from Japan, he has been her pillar despite having different schedules.

Sighing, she put her glasses on and slowly walked towards the school. Kino caught up with her putting his arm around her shoulders.

"Cheer up, shorty! We'll see family today." Naya gave him a mean look.

Kino was approximately 188 centimeters tall while Naya was standing at only 160 centimeters. The girl gave him a sharp look.

"What?! It's true. You're short though." Kino sprinted away from Naya causing them to have a chase.

"Get back here, Kino-chan! Let's see who's short when I get my hands on you!"

The boy immediately found the faculty room closing the door behind him.

"Excuse me, boy. You must be in the wrong room." The old man didn't pay attention to whoever barged in and continued to browse through his papers.

Kino took off his glasses and cap. "I don't think I am, uncle Nekomata!"

Learning who the voice came from, he settled the papers down. "Kino, my boy! What a wonderful surprise!"

Before he could respond, a loud bang came from the door which caused them to pause.

"Kino-chan! Open this door!"

Both giggled. The boy slowly went his way up to the door.

"Naya came home too?" He gave him a nod and showed an enraged Naya upon opening.