"Look, I work for a toy company, okay? I deliver toys all over the country. So, in a way, I'm like Santa Claus." 

A little girl raised her hand to ask a question "Yes, sweetheart?" The teacher asked. 

"Do you make the toys?"

"No, stupid, the elves do!" A little smug looking boy said.

"Bobby, we don't say "stupid," and we don't say "elves." They're little people." The teacher corrected him --- if we weren't standing in a classroom full of eight year olds, and a policeman. I would -- never mind.  

"No, but they really are elves." I mentally thanked Charlie for standing up for us.

"Whatever, honey."

"Which one's your favorite reindeer?" The same smug looking boy asked.

"Comet." I mentally agreed with Charlie, Comet was also my favorite. 

"Uh, I- I- I don't have a favorite." My dad said nervously while wiping his sweat of with the doll he was holding in his hands dress.

"So, let me get this straight, Santa. You mean, when I grow up, if I wanna be Santa Claus, all I gotta do is push you off a roof?" I mean... yeah?  

After all the presentations were over we got called down to the principles office or maybe it was the consular. I'm not sure. 

"Dad you only said we were gonna stay until the presentation was over." I complained.

"Just go wait in the car." I rolled my eyes as I grabbed the car keys and walked to the car. 

I opened the drivers door and slid in, I wasn't about to drive home without my dad --- although that would be pretty funny. I put the key into the ignition and turned on the warm air so I could defrost from the cold. 

I felt like I had to sneeze, so I did. Achoo, "Bless you."

I jumped and looked behind me "Bernard! Stop scaring me like that!" 

He chuckled at me "Sorry, why weren't you at school?"

"Dad dragged me to a parents job show thing at Charlie's school."

"Oh, well I took care of your bully."

"What did you do?" I asked curiously.

"Teachers."

"And they believed you?"

"Not without a little Christmas magic."

I gasped "Bernard you didn't!"

"I did." I started laughing 

"So, she's gone?"

"Gone as the old Santa."

"Your a life saver! Thank you." I gave him a hug from the front seat; which was very awkward, and weird by the way. 

I looked up and saw my dad walking to the car, Bernard had disappeared before he got to the car door. I quickly fixed my position and acted like I was lost in though when he entered. 

"Y/n. Pull out slowly." I nod and did as I was instructed. I never knew driving could be this easy, honestly it looked so confusing at first. But I got the hang of it. 

I guess no more seeing Bernard at school even if it was only for a week, either way I'm glad my little problem was solved. I could finally go to school without getting beaten up every other day.  

Later that night:

I got changed into my pajamas and climbed into bed --- today was... Eventful. I layed on my side trying to fall asleep, but I was wide awake. 

I sighed and flipped on my lamp for light --- I bent over my bed and grabbed "How To Kill A Mockingbird" and started to read. 

After a few hours I was starting to get close to the end, but my eyelids fell heavily. I was becoming more tired as I read on, but I had to stay awake to do the essay. 

It's overdue, my English teacher said if I don't get this essay written, typed up, printed, and turned in on his desk by tomorrow I would fail his class. 

The essay was a major grade and I didn't want my grades to slip even more than they had been with all these distractions around me. 

I tried my best to stay awake, I rubbed my eyes trying to finished the last sentence "He turned out the light and went into Jem's room. He would be there all night, and he would be there when Jem waked up in the morning." I read --- and without a warning I fell into a deep sleep. 

The next morning I woke up in a panic --- I didn't do the essay "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit!"

 I said while pacing around my room. I noticed two sheets of paper on top of my key board and picked them up. There was a folded note on top; I unfolded it and read:

Dear Y/n. 

I though this may help out today, I know you've been struggling in school lately, so here's a little something to help you out.

 I also know you didn't get a chance to do it. 

--With love, Bernard.

I sent down the note and skimmed through the papers, the essay. I chuckled to myself.

"Bernard." I whispered while shaking my head. 

_________

A/n: Ahhhh! Thank you all for the love on this book! It's not over yet, it's just getting started. Okay anyways I love you all so much, bye! 

--Anastasia <3