CHAPTER - 4

"Uhhh I may have told your mom you were going to spend four days with her this week..." He chuckled nervously my blood started to boil in fury, 

"YOU WHAT!?"

"Y/n."

"No! No! I refuse to go to her house especially when Neil's there blechhhhh!" I pretended to vomit "Uh uh no way." 

"Your going."

"Whyyyyyyyyyy?" I dramatically rolled down my seat "I hate you." I mumbled under my breath --- the rest of the car ride we sat in silence. I didn't dare to say another word to the man who is sending me away. 

Yes, technically I was over exaggerating, but come on its like I'm going to the pound. Last time I went there (A year ago) all me and Neil did was fight. 

I locked my self in my room most of the time so didn't have to face him. It'll probably be like that this week if I'm correct. 

We eventually pulled into the mall parking lot --- dad turned off the engine and got out. I opened my door and got out too, I looked around at the parking lot there was only about ten cars including ours here. 

I guess the mall is open --- we walked inside. I only saw a few people and their family shopping. "Here." I looked up at my dad; he was handing me his Credit Card.

"What?"

"Go buy whatever you like, but nothing to expensive."

"Your kidding right?"

"Nope." I smiled and gave him a hug --- I knew what he was doing, he was trying to guilt trip me into going to my moms. But, I didn't care I could buy whatever I wanted! I was really just going to buy some new cloths and jewelry unless I saw something I really wanted. "Well go on." I gave him one last smile before making my way to different shops.

I made my was to my favorite store Hot Topic™ --- I walked up and down different Isles looking at the earrings and different types of jewelry. I made the decision to buy a new set of earrings. They were gold and dangly with dark blue roses around the bottom and the line. 

I also got a nice rose gold ring decorated with vines wrapping around the basis of my finger; I paid for my items and left the store. I made my way past different stores on way to find my dad --- I stopped abruptly in my tracks. 

"Bernard?" He smiled at me as I moved closer to him "What are you doing here?" I walked to him and put my bags down on the floor. I smiled and pulled him into a hug it has only been a few hours, but I still missed him. 

"I thought you could use a friend right now." 

"How'd you know?" He just smiled at me. "Oh, let me guess Christmas magic?" 

"Noooooo... well, maybe." I shook my head --- I picked up my bags and continued walking --- Bernard followed beside me. "What are you doing here on Christmas?" He asked me.

"My dad is trying to send me to my mom's for, four days, so he brought me here to make it up to me. I guess." Bernard shook his head in disapproval. 

"Of course." I stayed silent as we walked to find my dad. I saw him buying a box of jelly beans from a cart. I stopped next to him --- he looked up and saw me and Bernard.  He ate one and started coughing "Barabbas?" 

"Bernard. Nice to see ya'." 

"Riiiight, anyways, buy anything good Y/n?"

"Yeah."

"I better get back to the pole. Bye Y/n." he lowered his voice "Bye Santa." He waved goodbye and vanished into thin air.

I smiled after his departure "Are you sure you don't like him? Cause if you d-"